What oils are proven to contain esters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sort of on topic. My Redline was just delivered and it stinks! Didn't know Redline smells this bad.

So RedLine brand cologne is out then?
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
So RedLine brand cologne is out then?
LOL.gif

Definately, but the ACD smells great. My hands still smell like used motor oil but it smells pretty good to me. I'm sure the girlfriend will have a different opinion when she comes over.

I've always thought Pennzoil Platinum smelled really good for a motor oil, in all seriousness. It almost smells drinkable, kinda sweet.
crazy2.gif

I've never smelled ACD, but I have a couple Amsoil quarts in back (0W-40 and 10W-40) and they smell like Mobil 1 on steroids. They have that same "ashy"/metallic smell M1 does, only stronger.

Originally Posted By: Ben99GT
I've always thought Pennzoil Platinum smelled really good for a motor oil, in all seriousness. It almost smells drinkable, kinda sweet.
crazy2.gif

I've never smelled ACD, but I have a couple Amsoil quarts in back (0W-40 and 10W-40) and they smell like Mobil 1 on steroids. They have that same "ashy"/metallic smell M1 does, only stronger.

Yeah, M1 TDT has a very strong smell too, much stronger than any of their 30-weights or the 0w40.

So I am wondering if I should go with Pennzoil Platinum based on a lot of the reviews on this site.

Maybe I will be the guinea pig for the 370Z community.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
I'm thinking PP would do just fine.

IMHO Nissan is a bit two faced about their recommendation. They want API SM, but they recommend nano particle ester Überlube.

I'm thinking PP will do fine as well.

I was wondering how PP would do in turbocharged applications with a ton of heat...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back