What oil for Supercharged H22 (Japanese-spec) ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine has a Japanese-spec H22 engine (from a Japanese Honda Prelude) in his 1999 Acura Integra.

Anyhow, he is about to put the Jackson Racing SuperCharger on (one **** of a mod - never been done!).

What oil should he run for this application? I believe he will be running the 9psi pulley.

He has an upgraded radiator, for what its worth.

Also, we are in Canada so we do have access to Esso XD-3 if it makes a difference.
smile.gif

Thanks for your input.
Eric

PS: I should also mention that this will be a summer toy and driven fairly hard. He has a beater to use for the morning commute.
smile.gif
The Integra will also see the occasional track day but that will be rare.

Yep, Esso XD3 0W-30 is a great choice. Your friend should install oil temp and pressure gauges is he's going to race that thing.

quote:

Originally posted by 427Z06:
Yep, Esso XD3 0W-30 is a great choice. Your friend should install oil temp and pressure gauges is he's going to race that thing.

He has oil temp and pressure as well as fuel pressure gauges.
smile.gif

Just has to drop the supercharger in (all the fabrication for the modified mounting brackets is done, he just needs to find a winter beater car, as well as $500 for tuning and final install costs (tuning by Tapp Auto in Ottawa, Ontario, and install by a good friend of ours)).

So, Esso XD-3 0w-30 can withstand the higher temps, etc... of the supercharger, and the stresses its putting on the oil?

What would be the recommended OCI for this? Stick with 5-8000 km (3-5000 miles)? Filter will likely be a Napa Gold (Wix).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back