What oil and filter for 01 Celica with 1ZZFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: lubedude13
I have an 04' and I use synthetic and change once a year or about 7k.....doesn't use a drop

i am JEALOUS!, from year 03-05 the piston design flaw with the 1ZZ-FE was fixed. They increased the oil return holes in the piston from 4 to 8.

Yes, but you rebuilt the engine. Didn't you put the revised pistons in?

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
Originally Posted By: lubedude13
I have an 04' and I use synthetic and change once a year or about 7k.....doesn't use a drop

i am JEALOUS!, from year 03-05 the piston design flaw with the 1ZZ-FE was fixed. They increased the oil return holes in the piston from 4 to 8.

Yes, but you rebuilt the engine. Didn't you put the revised pistons in?

Unfortunately I went with a fix that a Toyotanation.com member did by drilling bigger holes with a total of 6 instead of 8 and just used the original pistons, his was fixed with zero oil consumption and other cars he fixed as well but my car was the only one he fixed with bad connecting rod bearing so maybe has to do with my burning around 0.1 quartz every 1k, the previous owner running the car low on oil might have to do with it as well. My wife loves the car, I might buy an original toyota long block (7100) n have toyota put it in for me as well (1500), they newer long blocks have the revised pistons, since mine was honed in the rebuild I'm not sure if I can add revised pistons now with new rings still without a bore which I'm not willing to go through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back