What is your favorite Cold Air Intake System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iceman is not on the list. They are my favorite for my application. Plastic tubing = much coller than alluminum. I've tried both. The Iceman is cool to the touch after driving in heat. Try that on any alluminum tube (AEM, K&N, e-bay, etc.).

My favorite is stock air box, cold air intake=big waste of money. Have scene dynos test and you would be hard pressed to gain any HP on engines I have scene tested back to back. Also tough to swallow the 150-250$.

VNT: I noticed a reduction in EGT readings after installing my cold air intake.

I feel it was money well spent.

AEM Dryflow for me.

quote:

Originally posted by oil pan 4:
I didn't know Mod your own is such a popular brand.
That is the one I use.

I bought my heat shielded filter online, and the rest of the materials in the plumbing dept at Home Depot. Cheap and effective true cold air intake.
cheers.gif

VNT - In reply to your post I believe it has more to do with the model car you are putting it on. I did not find any real difference with a K&N on my Dodge 1500. However, on my 2005 Mustang GT, it has been posted many times on various sites that as soon as you change the stock airbox to a aftermarket cai, the car throws a CEL. I have a C&L cai and had to retune the computer to run properly. The car is a real screamer now

Quote:

Iceman is not on the list. They are my favorite for my application. Plastic tubing = much coller than alluminum. I've tried both. The Iceman is cool to the touch after driving in heat. Try that on any alluminum tube (AEM, K&N, e-bay, etc.).

Originally Posted by USAFANG67
Don't sweat the heat even if you have a metal tube CAI:
http://www.clubtitan.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13697

AEM Brute Force was the best so far. It had a more aggressive tone than the Airaid and produced a similar sound when feathering the throttle. You could tell that the tube was metal, it almost had a slight ringing to it. But it was not loud or annoying. For those worried about the tube being metal...DON'T. At 9 hp and 14 lbs of torque gain over stock, I don't think that the steel tube is warming any air like some have claimed. If it is warming air, I would hate to see what the gains would be with a plastic tube. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back