What is the worst car you ever owned?

Worst car you ever owned? I'll start with mine I bought a 1999 Oldsmobile Alero from a place called Gustin's Automotive in Lexington, Oklahoma one time, this clunker broke down a few days after buying it, got it fixed then a week later it broke down again, there after every week to two weeks it was in the shop, final straw was when I was heading to the hospital to take my grandma some find a word puzzles & the head blew, after pushing it home I decided to junk it, I never had a car that required so many high dollar fixes back to back, what is the worst car you have ever owned.

1987 Ford Aerostar. Was actually not a bad vehicle but everything else I've owned was superior.

aerostar.jpg

I've owned over 100 cars. Many were flippers but 2 stand out that we're DD's. A Pontiac 6000 and a Plymouth K-car. Both were bought from "friends". Both were garbage.

1986 dodge d50( Mitsubishi). 5 transmissions under the 12 k warranty, oil leaks,frame broke,cab mounts broke. Carb flooded and caught on fire.

Needed a valve job @35k. After that the piston rings went bad and had to pour oil down the carb to get the compression up enough for it to start.

I put 2 more transmissions in it myself.

Crankshaft broke @ 44k.

I put a used engine in it and my dad took over the truck. He double gasketed an oil filter and ruined that engine. Truck went to the scrap yard with only 48k on it.

The 2 nd engine destroyed was not the trucks fault but this truck made me swear off Mitsubishi products for life.

I’ve never had a bad car, despite having never purchased a car that would qualify for traditional financing. I did, however, spend way too much (probably $3000+) trying to get (and keep) the a/c working on my 1992 Oldsmobile 88. This includes replacing the compressor twice. I also t-boned a late model Accord because the brake line from the ABS module to master cylinder rusted through, resulting in 0% brakes. The resulting damage necessitated grille and headlight replacement. I ended up getting stuff from a junkyard Olds 98. It was purchased for $800 from my grandma with 97k… sold it about 40,000 miles and 4 years later for $1,000. I probably still got my money’s worth.
91EDF428-84E1-4183-9B52-E476183BA019.jpeg

1991 Hyundai Sonata V6-had to trade it in less than 2 years old.Oil leaks on top of engine after 1 week valve cover issue,wiper inserts replace few times ,engine stalls little rain or slushy snow on the road,gas mileage sucks.Transmission fluids leaks-one line loose they said.

97 taurus... rustbucket. Radiator went out and it took all day threading a new one in. Rad condensor was 1000 sharp razor blades.

Back