What is the newest oil you've purchased?

Just put Quaker State Full Synthetic on Subscribe and Save with Amazon. $20. Good oil for every 5K in my wifes Mazda CX-5. The Castrol Edge has gotten pricey....

Picked up two jugs at 22 bucks ea. Trying to get my cost down to less than $20...per 5qt jug, full synthetic, API SP, ILSAC GF-6, brand agnostic, viscosity agnostic...consistently. Need to catch some retail close outs from here on out. I'm on 5,000 OCI's for my family fleet.
View attachment 172412View attachment 172413
You got a great price oriented oil,my only gripe is the 0w20 and the unwillingness to put a seal on the bottle before the cap.

Unfortunately - won’t be able to post that without provoking a campus riot on BITOG …
Campus riot?? Thought people went there for a higher level of teaching and to meet women. I wouldn't qualify my one year at junior college as making me a scholar, but it did help me realize what a bad job high school did at teaching somethings that I needed a extra help. I did enjoy some of the classes,helped me grow up a bit too and Meet some great people but not like the movie Real Genius

My WM just started selling the Valvoline FS HM 12 quart garage box. Picked up one of those at $58. It's still not cheaper than ST HM, QS HM or even Pen HM when buying in the jugs, but it's pretty close and I prefer the Valvoline HM add pack. It comes out to $4.83/qt which is still pretty good imo. My truck takes 8.5 qts and my wife's truck takes 6.6, so I think I'll pick up another one or two to keep on hand at that price.

I knew guys at work that used to get it straight out of the blending tank. Alas, those days are long behind us.

Mobil 1 Euro 0w40....3 jugs for $66 for my Vette. BUT....if this means newest formulation (marketing), Valvoline EP 0w20. I did a 5k run in my 2018 Jeep. I just swapped that out for the oldest oil in my stash...Shell RGT 0w20. I have only 2 quarts of that left, so I will probably do a mixer next round by adding 3 quarts of Walmart 0w20 or something else, if I find it on the cheap, for the next run to finish it out on the cheap. I got the RGT a couple years ago on clearance for about $2 a quart. It showed well on a UOA awhile back in that Jeep.

Once I run through that 0w40 Euro, I will go to one run of Mobil 1 0w30 ESP for one run. I have a jug of that sitting in my stash.

I was wondering what the newest/freshest oil that everyone has purchased or found in their travels. I just got 2x jugs of Valvoline European 5w30 dated for 7/8/2023 which is now 3 weeks old, the order was placed 7/24 and then delivered on 7/28. I ordered directly from Valvoline and was offering a promo for a free hat when purchasing a 5 qt jug of their oil. The hat is a cheapy but can't really expect much for being a free gift but something that I'll wear at work or when working on the vehicles. I noticed the pictures on Valvoline's website doesn't match the ones I received, the front and back labels are different, I know it doesn't really matter as it's just a marketing design change and more like how they make fast food look so appealing on television in comparison to what you're actually getting.

View attachment 169386

View attachment 169389

I was wondering what the newest/freshest oil that everyone has purchased or found in their travels. I just got 2x jugs of Valvoline European 5w30 dated for 7/8/2023 which is now 3 weeks old, the order was placed 7/24 and then delivered on 7/28. I ordered directly from Valvoline and was offering a promo for a free hat when purchasing a 5 qt jug of their oil. The hat is a cheapy but can't really expect much for being a free gift but something that I'll wear at work or when working on the vehicles. I noticed the pictures on Valvoline's website doesn't match the ones I received, the front and back labels are different, I know it doesn't really matter as it's just a marketing design change and more like how they make fast food look so appealing on television in comparison to what you're actually getting.

View attachment 169386

View attachment 169389
Not American owned anymore.

Riot !

IMG_9925.jpeg

Yes we all know that here, also Castrol is owned by BP and Pennzoil/Quaker State is by Shell, those companies are not American owned either.
BP's headquartered in London and SOPUS' Car Care Headquarters are in Houston. Both places treat women a million times better than where your Valvoline Headquarters is overseas.

Back