What is the absolute best oil filter?

I'm surprised this thread lasted this long. Are all the mods on the west coast? Any post asking, "What is the best oil to use" gets locked after just a few replies. This doesn't seem any different. To me, the best filter is the one the car came with originally. Cheap, easy to get, performs well.
Russian sub thread is on thin ice for sure … 🇷🇺 🇺🇦

I like wix and Baldwin they're the easiest to search through.
I use Baldwin hydraulic filters for bypass oil fitering setups since I can get 10mu no bypass for a standard oil filter head and wix for normal full flow engine oil filtering and hydraulics.

Right now it’s the Fram Endurance. It appears to have the best filtering efficiency, quality of construction, and price.

Lower efficiency but still quality: Purolator Boss, Mobil1, Wix.

Same efficiency but slightly lower quality: Fram Ultra, Fram Titanium.

Good for price: Supertech, Bosch, Ecogard.

Good but too expensive: Amsoil, Royal Purple.

I'd worry more about the air filter. I would take great air filter and a k&n or mobile1 oil filter that does like 30 microns at 96% over a cheap air filter or janky air intake and the best oil filter setup money can buy.

With all these mergers an acquisitions, it's kind of hard to keep track.

What filter on the market today is the best as far as durability, filtering efficiency, and fluid flowability?
This is easy . . . Fram Tough Guard.
99% efficiency @ 20 microns and 15K miles life. All for $7.17
I've learned from ZeeOSix that our cars have positive displacement pumps so all filters will flow properly!

Is the "updated" ultra really that bad that Tough Guard gets recommended over it?

Checking out Amazon for 7317 size, TG is $7.17 while the Ultra is $6.97 (with S/S).

Capture.JPG

Use Subscribe and Save (S/S) and then cancel as necessary. I got these on S/S for about $7.20-ish a few months ago so it looks like price dropped a little more. Might not apply to other sizes but, for 7317 size, ultras were cheaper than TG.

Edit: I see the TG is available with S/S for $6.81 on Amazon but I'd pay the extra 16 cents for a nominal 5k more miles, unless I'm missing something about these filters.

View attachment 179394
Use Subscribe and Save (S/S) and then cancel as necessary. I got these on S/S for about $7.20-ish a few months ago so it looks like price dropped a little more. Might not apply to other sizes but, for 7317 size, ultras were cheaper than TG.

Edit: I see the TG is available with S/S for $6.81 on Amazon but I'd pay the extra 16 cents for a nominal 5k more miles, unless I'm missing something about these filters.
Wal-Mart > Amazon

Well you certainly must have a favorite filter don't you ZeeOSix ?
In general terms, I'll use oil filters that are rated at 95% @ 20u or better. I like the higher efficiency filters, because cleaner oil is always better than dirtier oil. If you can have cleaner oil for a few bucks more, why not do it? And yes, of course most everyone wants a filter that doesn't fail. That's a goal for every part on a vehicle, so that should be a given.

I've been using wire backed Fram Ultra and wire backed Titaniums. I have a few left, so when they are gone I'll probably go with the Endurance. I like wired or nylon scrim back media, but it's not a "must have" in all cases.

If you haven't seen this thread, it's worth reading at least the end results.

Back