What is the absolute best oil filter?

With all these mergers an acquisitions, it's kind of hard to keep track.

What filter on the market today is the best as far as durability, filtering efficiency, and fluid flowability?

That's a bit like asking, what is the best kind of woman to marry.... Hopefully the one you end up with. Seriously, an easier question is which are the best to avoid. Most out there will do the job they're designed to.
I was thinking along the lines of:

1. Fram Endurance
2. Purolator Boss
3. Wix XP
4. Donaldson
5. Mobil 1
6. Champ XL
7. Bosch Premium

To name a few.

As many have said before, now my turn-THE ONE THAT DOESN'T FAIL. Now, if you're going to go nuts & run a super long OCI, then the full synthetic ones-Fram Endurance/RP/Amsoil EaO, OG Ultra & Titanium (wire backed ONLY), lastly the lower efficiency Purolator Boss/NAPA Platinum/Wix XP. There's a WHOLE LOT of bandwidth on here about lower priced filters, including spreadsheets...

As many have said before, now my turn-THE ONE THAT DOESN'T FAIL. Now, if you're going to go nuts & run a super long OCI, then the full synthetic ones-Fram Endurance/RP/Amsoil EaO, OG Ultra & Titanium (wire backed ONLY), lastly the lower efficiency Purolator Boss/NAPA Platinum/Wix XP. There's a WHOLE LOT of bandwidth on here about lower priced filters, including spreadsheets...
Purolator Boss has a lower efficiency than the Fram Endurance? Interesting.

With all these mergers an acquisitions, it's kind of hard to keep track.

What filter on the market today is the best as far as durability, filtering efficiency, and fluid flowability?
I tend towards whatever is cheapest.
RE durability, I can't say I have ever had a filter fail.
as far as efficieny, read the label and try to figure out if a difference makes a difference. :)

Doesn't the name, "Fram Ultra" come up?
Ain’t what they used to be

IMG_8618.jpeg

I'm surprised this thread lasted this long. Are all the mods on the west coast? Any post asking, "What is the best oil to use" gets locked after just a few replies. This doesn't seem any different. To me, the best filter is the one the car came with originally. Cheap, easy to get, performs well.

I think it's better to say, there are no bad options out there, but there are better choices of you want to spend time bench racing.

Is cleaner oil better? Probably so choose a 20micron rated filter and be done.

Back