What is Dia ATF SP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cannot say anything about "Diamant". So far, nothing is linked to it in any of my searches, and "diamond" always refers to "Three Diamonds", which is what Mitsubishi is in Japanese. The Diamond brand isn't sold outside of North America, which is why I'm still researching to see if Chevron is really their supplier.

However, my contact at the dealer confirms that SP was mineral-based. SP-II onwards, the fluid has been semi-synthetic. However, he said he has yet to see a full synthetic ATF in the SP range, so I don't know what they're going on there about SP-III being a full synthetic, when it is a semi-synthetic.

On the other hand, Mitsubishi have been in Europe long before 1995, and going as far back as 1974, Mitsubishi supplied vehicles to the UK under the "Colt" brand. What I do know is that the Mitsubishi Carisma is one of Mitsubishi's first vehicles to be built in Europe (specifically the Netherlands, sharing its chassis with the Volvo S40). It had a GDI engine (supplied by Mitsubishi), whilst its diesel offerings were sourced from Renault of France. Further research reveals they had an agreement with British Petroleum to supply factory-fill lubricants.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Cannot say anything about "Diamant". So far, nothing is linked to it in any of my searches, and "diamond" always refers to "Three Diamonds", which is what Mitsubishi is in Japanese. The Diamond brand isn't sold outside of North America, which is why I'm still researching to see if Chevron is really their supplier.

However, my contact at the dealer confirms that SP was mineral-based. SP-II onwards, the fluid has been semi-synthetic. However, he said he has yet to see a full synthetic ATF in the SP range, so I don't know what they're going on there about SP-III being a full synthetic, when it is a semi-synthetic.

On the other hand, Mitsubishi have been in Europe long before 1995, and going as far back as 1974, Mitsubishi supplied vehicles to the UK under the "Colt" brand. What I do know is that the Mitsubishi Carisma is one of Mitsubishi's first vehicles to be built in Europe (specifically the Netherlands, sharing its chassis with the Volvo S40). It had a GDI engine (supplied by Mitsubishi), whilst its diesel offerings were sourced from Renault of France. Further research reveals they had an agreement with British Petroleum to supply factory-fill lubricants.

And those lubricants by BP was the same SP III as is used today, right?

Makes me wonder, if SP II was Semi-Synthetic, was Dia ATF SP conventional?

SP-II and SP-III are semi-synthetic, yes. The lubricants, I believe, covered more than just transmission fluid. Also bear in mind 8 out of 10 cars (or somewhere thereabouts) in Europe come with a manual transmission.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
SP-II and SP-III are semi-synthetic, yes. The lubricants, I believe, covered more than just transmission fluid. Also bear in mind 8 out of 10 cars (or somewhere thereabouts) in Europe come with a manual transmission.

Any updates to note Falcon LS??? (I have not been here in a while)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back