what happent to Exxon Superflo ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember I bought about 50 quart of my autozone ( 99 cent each ). I use it to flush down the engine when I change oil. I just back from my garage and still saw about 45 quart left, just wonder why autozone discontinue it ? its good oil ? cause im thinking using it for auto-rx clean and rinse phase ( lol im cheap ).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Brons2
superflo is on sale for 99 cents?

yea autzone was discontinue it back in june, and it was onsale for 99 cent each.

Originally Posted By: killagt
I use it to flush down the engine when I change oil.

??? Flush down an engine? I hope you don't mean that you pour clean oil and let it drain right out? That would be a huge waste of an excellent oil.

Quote:

?? Flush down an engine? I hope you don't mean that you pour clean oil and let it drain right out? That would be a huge waste of an excellent oil.

x2, and documented benefits of this are, um, 0.

I tried it and it actually was pretty good, then switched to Formula Shell same grade oil. I just had a look at my notes, the car I was running it in consumed more Formula Shell than Superflo. I'm not an XOM lover but I had better results with Superflo, than Formula Shell. Now I'll probably use up the orphan qts in 5W20 and 5W30 I have laying around.

My local PB stocks Superflo oil.

My local Exxon station carries it but at 4 dollars a quart. I remember buying it at autozone years ago for a dollar or a dollar twenty and I noticed recently that they no longer carry it. I've been looking all over for it but can't find it anywhere.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Originally Posted By: killagt
I use it to flush down the engine when I change oil.

??? Flush down an engine? I hope you don't mean that you pour clean oil and let it drain right out? That would be a huge waste of an excellent oil.

Yub that what I been doing. But this time imma use it for something great, Auto-RX clean and rinse.

Last edited:
Superflo served me well in the GN. It actually outperformed Mobil One 15w-50 in the wear department.

To do a flush process would have to be some extra ordinary circumstances. Say you bought a junker and wanted to run a good oil in it, maybe flush it first by running it a day or two with cheap oil....ok. If you got a head gasket job or something....

I have used Superflo for 5 years or so in a variety of applications. I have even blended it with M-1 for a semi-syn...I have gotten excellent uoa's from my 99 Camry 4 cyl( over 123k),....I've also used GTX, Pennz YB....Honestly, I have to say the Superflo is AS GOOD as any of the Dino;s on the market...If you catch a sale GRAB IT !!

I remember reading a review of motor oil's in Consumer Reports 15 years ago. They rated Exxon Superflo as the best.

Last edited:
Superflo is what we use in the shop. We get it in drums though. The last time used it for my personal use was in 2004 when they had rebates and I got it at a K-Mart. It cost me around $0.40/quart. Great oil, my Mazda3 loved that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back