What do you make of this oil?

I know minimal about the chemistry and make up of oil (compared to some of you lot), so i'd like your opinion on this oil:

SDS can be found here:

TDS can be found here:

The oil is rated as SN/CF and A3, B4. No idea of its make-up or additive package. Obviously it's not going to be on par with something like m1, but I can get it for 1/3 of the cost.

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
"Rated"? No thanks.

1/3 of the cost should tell you something as well. Put this in the same bin as that Mercedes oil that didn't have any approval.

"Rated"? No thanks.

I don't know what it's like in the US, but false advertising can land you in a lot of trouble in the UK. If they're advertising that it meets the spec, then i'm going to believe that it meets the spec.

“Product Profile” doesn’t mean a thing. Plus it’s easy to find out that they don’t have many of the approvals they print on the same list. So I’ll vote for it all being imagination.

Even more amusing is they aren’t even saying it is “suitable for” or even “recommended”. Just “Product Profile”. Yeah baby.

I've been looking up various cheap oil specs. The best bang for buck I can find is Valvoline Synpower 5w40 at £62 for 20l.

PI Sheet:

SDS:

Hmm yes there appears to be a discrepancy between the TDS and the bottle.

I know minimal about the chemistry and make up of oil (compared to some of you lot), so i'd like your opinion on this oil:

SDS can be found here:

If you wish to be a guinea pig for this oil, go for it and report back on what you think. Bear in mind that all companies can claim what they like until a complaint is made to the advertising body or authorities only then can action be taken against them.

This oil may well be great stuff, I suggest contacting the company and ask for a list of its standards and approvals.

Personally, I would not skimp on oil quality and only buy oil from well-known companies when the oil is on special, you may well find that the cost difference is not so great.

Keep us informed.
TDS can be found here:

The oil is rated as SN/CF and A3, B4. No idea of its make-up or additive package. Obviously it's not going to be on par with something like m1, but I can get it for 1/3 of the cost.

Thanks for your help.

I don't know what it's like in the US, but false advertising can land you in a lot of trouble in the UK. If they're advertising that it meets the spec, then i'm going to believe that it meets the spec.
in capitalistic societies we also have the latin: "caveat emptor" - attorney speak for "your sc**ed" when up against the big corps.

Yes API SL was current in 2001 who's going to get a New oil certified for SL there's a bad smell in the room!
Plenty of current Euro full-SAPS xW-30 oils are API SL because that's the highest API level they are able to be due to the phosphorous restrictions imposed on xW-30 and xW-20 grades. Of course that doesn't apply to xW-40 lubes.

Back