what do you guy`s prefer mobil-1 5W-30 or 0W-30?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always 5w30 in my climate with the engines I have. Plus 5w30 goes on closeout all the time which fits my quart synthetic oil price cap.

Last edited:
0w-30 is less archaic - so it has to be better
wink.gif
Oh, it's not long drain rated! OOoopps! The CCS/MRV #s are moot points and irrelevant in 99.9% of service. The 0w-may have more synthetic base%, but PAO has never been proved to me to be a better lubricant - only better fluid propertes.

I wish I could just pick an oil,and stay with it! even in the 80`s I alway`s switched between Pennzoil YB,and Castrol GTX.
21.gif

Is the 0w-30 the fuel economy version, while the 5w-30 is "standard"? If not, and both are standard formulas, I'd likely go with 5w-30, as the 0w- will not necessarily flow better at all ambient temps.

The 5w- also meets more specs - may be relevant...

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: MegaCorp
0W30 is always preffered to 5W30

By whom?

Assuming all else is equal, 0w-30 flows better at startup, so why would you not want it?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: MegaCorp
0W30 is always preffered to 5W30

By whom?

Assuming all else is equal, 0w-30 flows better at startup, so why would you not want it?

It only makes a difference if you park in Santa's driveway or on the Moon.

My m1 afe aint flowing too well by seat of the pants feel. The mOtul 5w-30 econergy and the PYB 5w-30 did much better last winter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back