What do you do with old oil???

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does everyone do with their used coolant, oil and other fluids?? I get a friend who works at a steel mill to dispose of it at work...he has proper disposal there. With all the job layoffs my disposal service is no longer. Does any know who else takes used fluids back?? How do you dispose of them? Thanks

Originally Posted By: aaxb970
What does everyone do with their used coolant, oil and other fluids?? I get a friend who works at a steel mill to dispose of it at work...he has proper disposal there. With all the job layoffs my disposal service is no longer. Does any know who else takes used fluids back?? How do you dispose of them? Thanks

Pretty well any auto parts store.

Bill

I take mine to one of our local garages. They use it to heat their building during the winter months.

They're supposed to go down the storm gutters, silly!

No, actually I mix up all the fluids with the oil and put it in the oil recycler tank. Seems better than dumping it in a hole or something.

The city I live in has a household hazardous waste disposal center - they take oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, etc. - pretty much anything - for free.

My Napa store doen't accept used oil so my old oil goes in the recycle tank at the local AAP. Antifreeze and gear lube goes there too when I have it. I keep my old oil filters in an old drain pan and when it gets full I take them to a local tire store and dump them in their oil filter recycling barrel. I'm pretty sure they go to U.S. Filter from there.

I always take my used oil to a local garage and they use it in their heaters. They can;t get enough of it. I usually take them 60 gallons or more right in the fall. Between my diesel and all my friends and family's cars, it sure adds up real quick.

Antifreeze is another story. I am really pi$$ed!!!! Our only recycling center is open until 3:00PM weekdays, and not open at all on weekends. So I can never ever get there to recycle it. So I just leave it at the gate and let them empty it. I don;t need the bottles back!

I take it to the local oil recycling depot, which also happens to accept antifreeze and used oil filters.

Crraapy Tires also take used oil (max 20L per visit, or 5 jugs).

Q.

I drink it for breakfast...you wanna armwrestle?
09.gif

I take it to a local repair shop, they burn it in a heater they have.

Originally Posted By: Fordiesel69
Our only recycling center is open until 3:00PM weekdays, and not open at all on weekends. So I can never ever get there to recycle it. So I just leave it at the gate and let them empty it. I don;t need the bottles back!
VE hav bean vondering who es the peoples who hav bean doing this dumpping stufs af mine gate. Ve vill be comming for yu som days soon now. Yu cam run butt yu kant hiden. Ve err verry peissified by yu.

Ze Oile Polezs of Ze WaffenShell SS

I bring it either to Wal-Mart or a local gas station that has a used oil receptacle/kiosk in the parking lot that you can drain used oil into.

In Canada it's a law that any company that sells the oil has to take back the old oil. Also any Municipal dump here will take it free of charge in their "Hazardous" waste section. I drop mine at the local dump, or take it to where I bought it, depending on where I'm going that day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back