What do you conclude about a "loud" oil?

M1 0w40 should according to you up the noise?
The thing has a lot of PAO and has a generous moly additive pack if anything it'll smooth things out inside the engine.

That's not what I said. I am going to add it in, if it needs, to show the "noise" should stay the same.

I thought Mobil 1 was frequently called a LOUD oil.

That's not what I said. I am going to add it in, if it needs, to show the "noise" should stay the same.

I thought Mobil 1 was frequently called a LOUD oil.
Just topping off with new oil isn't going to be much volume of new oil, so doubt that's going to tell you anything.

M1 0w40 should according to you up the noise?
The thing has a lot of PAO and has a generous moly additive pack if anything it'll smooth things out inside the engine.
Just adding a small amount for top up doesn't prove or disprove anything, and my experience with m1 0w40 has been that it's as quiet as anything else I've tried. Not sure if it's quieter but It's definitely not louder.

Mobil 1 15W50 always ran smooth as silk in my 300ZX. It was my go-to oil in that car.
That oil was noisy in my 350 Olds, but I eventually figured out anything 40 weight or heavier seemed to be noisy and 30 weights were quieter regardless of brand. To confuse things more I used GC 0w30 several oil changes back in the day and it was almost as "noisy" as the 40 weights (it's almost a 40 weight) but recently I switched to M1 0w40 which is almost as thin as a 30 weight and it's dead silent.

Back