What date range tires can I accept?

I have an appointment with Mavi's tire for RT43s (225/60/17 H-rated). Admittedly, Mavi's doesn't carry a whole load of positive reviews from the consumers but locally that's the only place where RT43s are available. Costco has no tires in stock for my vehicle and won't available for another month (at least). I was flatly told not to order tires as there is no guarantee when they will be in stock. Everyone claims its the result of the pandemic.

If it so happens that the tires Mavi's has in stock have mismatched manufacturing dates, how old or mismatched tires (in terms of manufacturing date) should I accept?

How long are you ready to wait for matching (production date wise) set?

I think 10 weeks in either direction from median is OK.

Only Porsche speced tires carry revision numbers (N0, N1, N2, etc).

Krzyś

As long as all the tires are less than 2 years old, you'll be fine.

The RT43 is a popular tire, so getting tires that aren't too old shouldn't be a problem especially if your tire size is reasonably common.

If you don't like Mavis and must have the RT43, you can always order them on TR and ship them directly to the installer of your choice. The installer will call you when the tires arrive.

OP - I can't answer your question, but if I may brag (and not to hijack your thread).

I had tires installed July 3rd 2020
Date Code on (all 4) tires were 2220 / 22nd week of the year / must have been made early June.

The Seller had to order them from manufacturer.
They were the Cooper Discover tires.
So far, I like them.

The set of Sumitomos I just bought from Walmart shipped to my house were 4219, so about a year old. They look and smell like new rubber, so doesn't bother me a bit.

I've gotten tires from shops before whose date code didn't match, nothing bad came of it. Now if they're a year apart or better, you might have reason to complain. But I wouldn't fret unless there was a big disparity.

As long as all the tires are less than 2 years old, you'll be fine.

The RT43 is a popular tire, so getting tires that aren't too old shouldn't be a problem especially if your tire size is reasonably common.

If you don't like Mavis and must have the RT43, you can always order them on TR and ship them directly to the installer of your choice. The installer will call you when the tires arrive.
I have 4 new Cooper CS5 ultras 205/65-R15 by the front door, made on 4118... edit: purchased online from wallyw

I got the tires installed yesterday. All 3120, pleasantly surprised with the overall experience. I didn't see him hand torquing though unless their torque wrench is different than one regularly used.

had a set of tires installed that was 1.8yrs old. Asked the installer what tire life they recommend - they said 6yrs, I said would you pro-rate the tires you've just installed by 30% - they said yes. Excellent Cooper Evolution tires on my civic for 30% less

Have noticed many large auto dealers are installing General Altimax RT43 on used vehicles . Probably due to low price and their good performance at a low cost . Foget to look if they're T , H or V rated .

Tires do not age very much when in storage. Most aging occurs when the tire is in-service. With that said, a few years old is probably fine.

I also depends on how quickly you use them up. Having a winter car and a summer car, my tires can last up to 8 years on any vehicle.

Under a year old is ideal. Discount Tire told me just this morning that 2 years is the oldest they stock.

Not too long ago, Tire Kingdom tried to pass off a 5 YEAR OLD set of sumitomos on me.

I'll say this again: If you are going to have a problem with the age of the tires you are buying TELL THEM UPFRONT!!

It is a commonly held belief in the tire industry that tires within 6 years of production are OK to sell as "New". If you have a different opinion than that, let the salesguy know BEFORE you do the purchase.

The company I used to work for tested 3 year old tires from their warehouse and couldn't tell the difference from freshly made tires, so they adopted that as a standard.

I'll say this again: If you are going to have a problem with the age of the tires you are buying TELL THEM UPFRONT!!

It is a commonly held belief in the tire industry that tires within 6 years of production are OK to sell as "New". If you have a different opinion than that, let the salesguy know BEFORE you do the purchase.

Going to all that trouble is a waste of our time. I’m tired of telling them what I want!

When are they going to get off their lazy duffs, learn how to read my thoughts, and then finally start doing their job without me ever saying a word??

/s

I returned the walmart ones and got them from DT. I got 4018 dated tires this time :(. Both sets had come from a Fresno warehouse. Ended up installing as I had a trip lined up.

Back