Tire Recommendation for 2017 CR-V 1.5T

We are leaning towards the Continental TrueContact Tour in the H-rated size:

http://www.continentaltire.com/product/truecontact-tour-23560-r-18-103h/?

The H-rated compound is a different compound than the T-rated version. TR tested the H-rated version and received very favorable results in comparison to the Defender T+H:

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=236

Consumer Reports used the T-rated version in their tests and the wet/dry traction results were not as favorable.

With the upcoming DT sales, we can snag a set for about $570 installed.

These are getting installed on Monday.

01A54BCE-1C0C-460D-89FC-23D34B3B82D0.jpeg

Update:

The TrueContact Tours have been on the vehicle for 65K miles. Rotations have been with each oil change, which is every 10-11K miles. Two tires are at 4/32", the other two are at 3/32". They have gotten a bit loud and have some dryrot in the grooves, but that is to be expected.

The tires did not have any snow traction left after 5/32". This isn't a huge issue for us, but just a FYI.

Would you buy them again, dry rot after only 4 years doesn't sound good to me. I have some Tiger Paws on my Lucerne (came with it) that are from 0313 and are just now starting to show some signs of cracking around the rim, you have to look up close to see them.

I"m asking because I will be tire shopping next spring and need a tire that will last more for time than mileage.

Would you buy them again, dry rot after only 4 years doesn't sound good to me. I have some Tiger Paws on my Lucerne (came with it) that are from 0313 and are just now starting to show some signs of cracking around the rim, you have to look up close to see them.

I"m asking because I will be tire shopping next spring and need a tire that will last more for time than mileage.
The price on them has increased significantly and the market is offering "better" tires at this price point, so no.

4 years is about when we start to see some dryrot on tires anyway. In our climate, 5-6 years is when most tires need to be replaced due to cracking. So I would say these tires are pretty average in that category. Your climate might be different than mine.

Why "must" be H speed rated or higher? You regularly drive double the speed limit? Anything S or higher should always well exceed any speed you'd be driving that car, and probably P rated although I don't know that anyone makes an P rated tire.

Why "must" be H speed rated or higher? You regularly drive double the speed limit? Anything S or higher should always well exceed any speed you'd be driving that car, and probably P rated although I don't know that anyone makes an P rated tire.
I adhere to the required OEM speed rating.

As CapriRacer mentioned before, H-speed rated has a sturdier construction, I believe something with a cap-ply that T, S and lower speed ratings are not required to have.

All good recommendations above. I will add the requisite growing bitog darling, as one should.

we have a ‘15 crv FWD and it has a lot of off the line torque while being not-very-heavy - - lots of wheelspin in the wet. We’ve had 3 sets of tires on it. Michelin CrossClimate2 is our favorite for this vehicle, hands down, due to its ability to grip in the wet.

im a fan of continental tires, and the best wet-traction truck tire I’ve had is by continental, though I can’t attest to the noise level for that one above. We had oem continentals on a civic which were noisy. The Crv is not well-insulated and communicates all the road noises directly to your face. The michelin CC2, while not silent, does very well here. it’s the best we’ve had on our crv.

Back