What are you working on today?

Where did you source those LED bulbs?

A fog lamp bulp popped in the Camaro and I haven't had a chance to tear the front end apart to replace it. It fogged (no pun intended) enclosure. Hopefully, it didn't damage the reflector. The Camaro uses an 885 bulb; most LED equivalent LED bulbs fit both 885 and 890 applications.

Thanks!
Here you go!

CIIHON 881 889 886 LED Fog Light Bulbs Dual Color 35W 1900LM 3030 SMD 6000K White+ 3000K Yellow 894 896 898 LED Fog Light Bulbs Lamp DRL Replacement 881 led bulbs Pack of 2 https://a.co/d/35YCSO6

same
IMG_5332.jpeg
IMG_5331.jpeg
IMG_5330.jpeg
IMG_5329.jpeg
IMG_5328.jpeg
IMG_5327.jpeg

Last edited:
I had all my drivetrain fluids changed on Tuesday.
2010 RX 350 - 162k.

Carfax report showed it done 2x early in life at the dealer, then there was a gap.

Went to the range this morning, shot 200 rounds of Remington UMC .40 out of my Beretta. Rode around in the woods for awhile....might have done some mild offroading 😏...came home and pressure washed the truck. Got my exercises in as I do every day but didn't do much else. Settled in now with a cup of coffee to watch the SRX race. 🏁🏁

Reactions: D60
Super busy today at work. I’m tired. Tired of the customers too. We had one cut a shine because he needed his maintenance light reset he wasn’t upset over that. Well then the customer asked the tech who did it why gas prices were up well tech said an answer he didn’t like so he went to management about it and everything else so the whole shop got a lecture on how you can’t talk about politics with customers anymore. Then two techs were caught vaping in the shop so manager had called another meeting with the shop. Then a customer came in filled their car up too far with oil so needed it drained but would not buy an oil change or pay for new oil so had to shove the drain plug back in after draining two quarts. Our dispatcher quit so the boss has been handing out tickets so it leaves me with work nobody else wants. The service advisors used to hand out the tickets but they were playing favorites so that got put to an end. Ever since they ran the good boss off everything has been a mess.

Super busy today at work. I’m tired. Tired of the customers too. We had one cut a shine because he needed his maintenance light reset he wasn’t upset over that. Well then the customer asked the tech who did it why gas prices were up well tech said an answer he didn’t like so he went to management about it and everything else so the whole shop got a lecture on how you can’t talk about politics with customers anymore. Then two techs were caught vaping in the shop so manager had called another meeting with the shop. Then a customer came in filled their car up too far with oil so needed it drained but would not buy an oil change or pay for new oil so had to shove the drain plug back in after draining two quarts. Our dispatcher quit so the boss has been handing out tickets so it leaves me with work nobody else wants. The service advisors used to hand out the tickets but they were playing favorites so that got put to an end. Ever since they ran the good boss off everything has been a mess.
I had bozos today too..
Everyone required massive hand holding today.... Crazy questions about things I didn't sell them and don't endorse...
No more Crackers though 🐕🐕🐕🐶

Might an option be to drain all the oil into a clean container and then refill to a proper level in this type of scenario?

On an unrelated note I feel bad for you sometimes that you have to deal with crap from customers so much. The shop should tell folks to pound sand.

Might an option be to drain all the oil into a clean container and then refill to a proper level in this type of scenario?

On an unrelated note I feel bad for you sometimes that you have to deal with crap from customers so much. The shop should tell folks to pound sand.
Finding a clean container in my shop isn’t likely to happen lol. And yeah we are told we can’t refuse any customers. When I first started it was oh absolutely no walk ins. Then winter hit and they lost business and so now they take anything and everything and raised our prices up so high that up sells are rare. I’ve also had to lean out tools the whole week because the lube techs don’t have any and the one who does is on vacation. I asked for them to buy those guys a shop set to use they said no because they have gone missing in the past. 6 times today I needed my impact and someone else was using it so I had to wait. I love the place but it’s little stuff that really irritates.

Finding a clean container in my shop isn’t likely to happen lol. And yeah we are told we can’t refuse any customers. When I first started it was oh absolutely no walk ins. Then winter hit and they lost business and so now they take anything and everything and raised our prices up so high that up sells are rare. I’ve also had to lean out tools the whole week because the lube techs don’t have any and the one who does is on vacation. I asked for them to buy those guys a shop set to use they said no because they have gone missing in the past. 6 times today I needed my impact and someone else was using it so I had to wait. I love the place but it’s little stuff that really irritates.
I'm surprised you get everything back as much as it sounds like you have to loan out. Have you put together your resume? It seems like that place is seriously taking advantage of you. It may not be the best idea for you and I'm not saying do it but I would be getting my resume out and finding a new spot that paid what I'm worth. And I'd probably go in with a no tool loaning policy.

I'm surprised you get everything back as much as it sounds like you have to loan out. Have you put together your resume? It seems like that place is seriously taking advantage of you. It may not be the best idea for you and I'm not saying do it but I would be getting my resume out and finding a new spot that paid what I'm worth. And I'd probably go in with a no tool loaning policy.
I haven’t yet. I’m wanting to stay with the company. I need to make time with the big boss about seriously getting back to Subaru. I never wanted to come to Toyota in the first place but I let them talk me into it but it was supposed to be temporary. That’s the approach I’m trying to go for right now. I have about $20,000 worth of tools those guys have $0 worth.

I hope it works out for you. It just seems like they don't value you and they take advantage of you when it suits them. And underpay you. If you ever think about moving to Texas there's a great multi-line dealership that might be worth looking into.

How do you apply the timing cover RTV when doing the job in-frame? I'm new to doing it this way with 2 under my belt so far.
I apply RTV to the engine instead of the cover, Just curious how you do it?
I apply it to the cover most times but have done it on the engine also. It’s tricky because it’s tight going back in with not touching anything. The hardest thing to clear is the bank 1 VVT exhaust sprocket, I usually pull the RF axle and jack the engine way up, move the fuel lines and evap and brake line by the front of the engine and I can get it in without touching anything it’s not supposed to.

Last edited:
Reactions: D60
After years of temporarily clamping it to my bench due to lack of wall space, I finally decided to try mounting my old Branick here. It's a little tight but I think it'll work. Easy to pull down if I don't like it.
20230727_203742.jpg

'99 Ram 1500 ECLB: I replaced this carrier bearing for them 3 years and 20k ago. I was about to tell the world how crappy it is (just a Precision from O'Reilly) but found the u-joint directly in front of it was nearly seized. So, with every rotation that u-joint was trying to flex the rubber in every direction. Somehow I'm not finding any damage to the rest of the d/s so I'll press on a new carrier and see.....
20230727_153040.jpg

Back