What are you working on today?

Finding a clean container in my shop isn’t likely to happen lol. And yeah we are told we can’t refuse any customers. When I first started it was oh absolutely no walk ins. Then winter hit and they lost business and so now they take anything and everything and raised our prices up so high that up sells are rare. I’ve also had to lean out tools the whole week because the lube techs don’t have any and the one who does is on vacation. I asked for them to buy those guys a shop set to use they said no because they have gone missing in the past. 6 times today I needed my impact and someone else was using it so I had to wait. I love the place but it’s little stuff that really irritates.
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Your shop sounds like a “daycare”. Tell the lube distribution techs to buy their own stuff or go home. I sent this to my boss and that’s what he said.

Last edited:
Work was slammed today. Only 7 techs today and over 70 cars for various things. I’m worn out. That and dealing with a few members here I’m ready to relax. Going to get dinner, soda and watch baseball. Might buy a Yuengling I need it after today.

Almost halfway through the cooling system re-do on my GX 460. Worked for a few hours and its already too hot. Radiator, water pump, idler removed. I saw no evidence of a weeping water pump, or cracked radiator, however being 13 years old it was inevitable.

I should finish in the next week. I need to think about replacing 4 rubber segments of trans cooler hoses, and if much drains out I will do a trans drain/fill, so far its only been a trickle which also worries me a little that I was low. Thank you OCD.

The new radiator is giant, I paid extra for an all aluminum one. The tool of the day was the Craftsman 9-47390 Cable Hose Clamp Pliers. There is no way I could have removed the cooling hoses without it.

1690644963684.jpg

1690645144160.jpg

1690645028226.jpg

1690645055383.jpg
1690645004893.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Supposed to be working on putting dads new grill together and restringing my weed eater but it’s just too hot outside. You are outside 30 seconds and you’re pouring sweat. There has been a heat advisory for my area for yesterday through Sunday.

Supposed to be hot--then stormy. I should shop for some new tools, shop for a new (used) car, then who knows what. Maybe go back to paying work (PCB layout), make next week easier if I get some work done over the weekend. Dog days of summer, yay.

Forgot: waiting for Fedex to show up with a switch for a vacuum cleaner, it went bad so I ordered a new one Sunday. Didn't think I should pay for expedited shipping, so of course it takes six days to ship. Kinda need it working (it's the church's and my wife is the janitor there, and vacuuming needs to be done), so if the switch doesn't show up in the next 6 or so hours, I'll have to bypass the switch.

I’m itching to have the oil changed but I’m afraid the Saturday crew may do a half-ass job. I miss the days when I could crawl under there and do it myself. 🫤

Bought a bottle of Prestone AS105 Total cooling system cleaner for radiator, heater core and hoses. Drained some off of the reservoir tank and added. Drove around for a good week and decided to drain and refill with fresh radiator coolant today. Drain plug on the radiator is plastic and factory plug on Taurus in signature. Went to back it off with minimal torque and the plastic head broke right off. Had to buy a easy out bit to remove the remaining threads and a new radiator plug which looks to be brass. Will work on that tomorrow morning when the heat is not soo extreme first thing in the morning. Seems like its always something.

Last edited:
I made some OEM trigger copies that haven't been available since the 80s...
Need to test them but you have to be in the mood for it. Too hot. BTW these are plastic...yup plastic.

I made stainless prior but some folks wanted OEM copies... I machined them and figured out a way to polish them up to look molded OEM units...

Back