What are you working on today?

Buddy/Colleague called this mourning saying his buddies '64 Impala SS Lowrider with a TH350 wouldn't shift out of low gear. Told him getting out of my shorts & wife beater will cost him on a Sunday!!!

Stripped Governor Gear, Took me 15 minutes & charged $400 Cash, Owner didn't bat an eye....Actually happy I fixed it so fast so they could go cruising.

wm0JgYy.jpg

Last edited:
Buddy/Colleague called this mourning saying his buddies '64 Impala SS Lowrider with a TH350 wouldn't shift out of low gear. Told him getting out of my shorts & wife beater will cost him on a Sunday!!!

Stripped Governor Gear, Took me 15 minutes & charged $400 Cash, Owner didn't bat an eye....Actually happy I fixed it so fast so they could go cruising.

wm0JgYy.jpg
Polymer was original?

You had a replacement in stock, very cool! What alloy is that? I assume not blue anodized aluminum alloy??

Large thunderstorm complex rolling in this morning. Went out and trimmed around the edges and trimmed the volunteer corn and crabgrass along the sidewalks. Been dry. Haven't done a full mow in about a month.
Screenshot_20230724_074940_One UI Home.jpg

Last edited:
Powerwashed the Toyota Matrix engine bay at lunchtime. I soaked it in Zep citrius first and scrubbed a bit. Not sure if it helped, but the powerwasher made short work of the mess. It had a severe power steering and oil leak.

1690220500204.jpg

1690220550268.jpg

Backwashing 3 pool filters, cleaning 3 pump strainers, loading up 3 chlorinators and 1 chemical injector. Oh ,and adding well water to pool.

Attachments

• pool pumps.jpg
    pool pumps.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 17
  • Pool1.JPG
    Pool1.JPG
    200.2 KB · Views: 16
Polymer was original?

You had a replacement in stock, very cool! What alloy is that? I assume not blue anodized aluminum alloy??
The updated replacements (Blue) are some sort of fiber reinforced Polymer, Bet the original gear was over 40 years old. 700R4 uses the same gear so I do keep replacements on hand. Also keep TH400 Governor Gears which are cut backward from TH350/700R4.

'14 Cherokee: front struts. Replaced with Mopar per customer request.

14,000 miles ago they had a local tire shop replace the struts. Monroe Spectrums based upon the part numbers. One was weak and one was so blown the piston rod was slopping around. 14k miles!

Back