What are you working on today?

Now it's too pretty to use.
Nah. I’m going to use it and It’s going to get beat up good. The river I use it on is full of rocks as well as a section of class 3 rapids. It will be nice for a little while. At least everywhere except the bottom.

Reactions: D60
1984 Chevrolet C70 dump truck with a tall deck 427 got a new distributor assembly, spark plug wires, spark plugs, air filter, pcv valve and an oil change.

Corporate finance mid-term

Image 6-19-24 at 7.00 PM.jpg

Looking for a girlfriend 😞
They seem to know when you are and stay away. IME, they only were interested me when I stopped looking and got the rest of my things good and going and in order. And then it was like, “who’s got time for that?”

2013 Ford Mustang GT, 5.0L/MT-82.....Auction Rat. Compliant of no forward movement & limited movement in reverse.

Pulled the differential cover, Fresh gear oil with a ton of metal in it.....The left carrier bearing had failed & was driven to the point the ring & pinion no longer meshed. In reverse the carrier would shift back to the right.

Didn't grab any pics before removing the carrier as I was hurrying to order the parts needed.....Needs.....
Carrier, Ring & Pinion, All bearing, The left carrier side shims got pretty beat up so I got a set of Super Shims.

Carrier, R&P, & Wheel Bearing are Ford Performance Parts which are same as OE for this application.
Motive Gear master kit that has Koyo Bearings which is also OE. AC Delco posi/LS additive because it's a little cheaper than Motorcraft.

All in stock at the Summit Racing near me for $750.

aneSBMP.jpg

qfGc2Sm.jpg

jd6BNEK.jpg

PHLeGBm.jpg

bR5R3fg.jpg

R2VgEMO.jpg

yr0UJuH.jpg

WTKtHPm.jpg

Ozn9fRA.jpg

MtjwI3A.jpg

2013 Ford Mustang GT, 5.0L/MT-82.....Auction Rat. Compliant of no forward movement & limited movement in reverse.

Pulled the differential cover, Fresh gear oil with a ton of metal in it.....The left carrier bearing had failed & was driven to the point the ring & pinion no longer meshed. In reverse the carrier would shift back to the right.

Didn't grab any pics before removing the carrier as I was hurrying to order the parts needed.....Needs.....
Carrier, Ring & Pinion, All bearing, The left carrier side shims got pretty beat up so I got a set of Super Shims.

Carrier, R&P, & Wheel Bearing are Ford Performance Parts which are same as OE for this application.
Motive Gear master kit that has Koyo Bearings which is also OE. AC Delco posi/LS additive because it's a little cheaper than Motorcraft.

All in stock at the Summit Racing near me for $750.

aneSBMP.jpg

qfGc2Sm.jpg

jd6BNEK.jpg

PHLeGBm.jpg

bR5R3fg.jpg

R2VgEMO.jpg

yr0UJuH.jpg

WTKtHPm.jpg

Ozn9fRA.jpg

MtjwI3A.jpg
Dang! That's why my Dad told me to never buy used sports cars.

Going on a 300 mile r/t and almost time to change the oil when I get back so…. I did IVD cleaning with Gumout multi tuneup thru vacuum line it’s been 12k miles since last done and poured Redline fuel system cleaned into gas. Off in 2 hrs.
2020 Equinox 1.5t 49508 miles

Pulled the tape, wiped all the gunwales and bone/stern tops with 303 and put a couple finishing touch stickers on. The finish isn’t perfect in a couple of verysmall spots but it’ll do. In the end it’s a canoe painted in my garage not a paint booth. It’s no show boat but it looks decent.

IMG_1013.jpeg

IMG_1014.jpeg

IMG_1012.jpeg

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_1016.jpeg

IMG_1017.jpeg

Last edited:
Well that didn’t take long. Putting the canoe on my truck sliding it from the back to front **** thing slid right off the front of the truck after I hopped off the tailgate to go strap it down in the front then slid off to the side and already messed up the paint. At least got the first one out of the way early..

Might try a little polishing compound on an orbital buffer lightly to see if it would pull some scratches out this weekend

IMG_1022.jpeg

Last edited:
Checking the valves clearances on Old Blue (1988 Sentra) because a few weeks ago she started making a lot of racket under the hood and was loosing power. All 8 valves were extremely tight which is weird. I don't see anything broken. According to the records my dad kept a shop replaced the rocker shaft and a few other things 30,000 miles ago (back in 2008 or so). I don't have the repair slip with me as that's back at home. I'm posting on my phone so apologies if this looks terrible.
20240620_120037.jpg
20240620_125809.jpg

1000002576.jpg

Replaced the sad and tired wheels on our little 20" MTD push mower. I found these wheels on Amazon while browsing for replacements and loved the idea of having actual bearings supporting the load vs. relying on the plastic wheel hub. It pushes effortlessly now, huge improvement. Link in case anyone needs a set:

7" mower wheels with bearings (other sizes available!)

While I was at it I decided to check the engine speed as it always seemed a little slow. Sure enough, she was only running at 2800 RPM. A little tweak to the governor spring tang and she was purring along at 3300. I have to say, this little thing really cuts nice for what it is.

View attachment 226039
Replaced the sad and tired wheels on our little 20" MTD push mower. I found these wheels on Amazon while browsing for replacements and loved the idea of having actual bearings supporting the load vs. relying on the plastic wheel hub. It pushes effortlessly now, huge improvement. Link in case anyone needs a set:

7" mower wheels with bearings (other sizes available!)

While I was at it I decided to check the engine speed as it always seemed a little slow. Sure enough, she was only running at 2800 RPM. A little tweak to the governor spring tang and she was purring along at 3300. I have to say, this little thing really cuts nice for what it is.
I completely respect that some people find lawn maintenance calming. I find it annoying and always feels like a waste of my time. Fortunately there is no lawn at my place :D

Pulled the engine out of a Ram 1500 4x4. The previous owner overheated it till the intake started to melt where it attaches to the heads.
Not a hard job, just time consuming and the days of climbing over the core support are over. Removing the core support makes the job easy.

The biggest pain on this one is the bracket for the diff. It doubles as the left engine mount bracket and is also bolted to the transmission. Removed it prior to pulling the engine, easier I think. The diff needs to be lowered, it's attached to the aforementioned bracket and to both the engine mount isolators.

20240619_194638.jpg

20240619_180105.jpg

Last edited:
Back