What are you working on today?

Not saying this is your issue (I'd be more worried about t-case chain), but if you haven't seen this one start at ~13:40. Good entertainment all around

tcase was still transparent, good video

I have replaced the gear oil about two years ago also. I think this current "thing" has directly to do with her driving on the road at speed in 4wd. We will see.

the front did look like that, but not that thick, still flowed very well, hope I got it before I have to much runaway wear.

Reactions: D60
Cut back some branches on the elm tree that drag on the roof and front fascia of my garage when it gets windy. About 30 minutes to cut them off, and another 90 or so to gift-wrap them so the city will take them on garbage day.

The town where my Mom lives can afford a wood chipper and they send it out every Friday to pick up branches that were left at the curb. Where I live, the city requires that the stuff be cut into no more than 4' long sections, and tied into a bundle. Oh, and don't make the bundle too heavy or it won't get picked up...

I changed out the rear diff fluid in my 1963 Chevy C10 pickup truck. The engine is not original to the truck and I have no idea about the three speed MT or the rear end. I figured that it would probably be a good idea and the fluid drained out a very dark amber color so it could have been worse. The transmission is next.
View attachment 226510

Saginaw/GM 12-Bolt Truck, If the axle splines are coarse....It's early production & likely original to the truck.

I was asked to do a PPI on an '09 Rogue. It was parked outside at one end of my shop and I was trying to finish up some weed eating at the other end. It never occurred to me and I managed to break the right rear door window.
20240623_194641.jpg

Yep, a real brain trust I am. I've never done this before but it'll be a learning experience like touching the hot stove when I was a toddler (apparently my IQ has progressed very little since that age) and I will be ultra paranoid the next time the string trimmer comes out!

I've already stripped the door panel and vacuumed all the glass from the interior, window tracks and inside the door skin (Milwaukee Air Tip FTW!) and will grab JY glass tomorrow.

I finished the PPI which was fairly uneventful and was flipping it around in my driveway when I noticed odd grinding at full lock. I inspected to find the outer TREs machining the wheel ID. Hmm.
20240623_225919.jpg

The car was an auction rat and I found the R TRE is on the L side and the L TRE is on the R side :D As Eric O said, "Not all the cars at auction are bad but all the bad cars are at the auction."

This is driver side and if you look close you can see the R cast into the TRE. So basically the tech who installed the TREs is about as bright as me who breaks windows with a weed eater.....
20240623_230033.jpg

In the last day or so…

10 C300 - LOF, air filter, cabin filter, brake fluid exchange
18 F150 3.5 ecoboom - Brake Fluid exchange
17 RDX - Front brake pads and rotors
11 Highlander - LOF and Rotate
20 Ram 5.7 - LOF

Got the rear window replaced in the Rogue.
20240624_162226.jpg

The mastik stuff Nissan uses on the dust curtain is miserable. It's like high spot blue and transfers to everything you touch. Fortunately Goo Gone Pro Power works really well on it.

The JY window came with additional tint on the OEM privacy glass which I opted to remove.
20240624_151818.jpg

Lots of time wasted today because of my stupidity, but at least I can sleep now. I do not like damaging someone else's property!!

Now installing the third Duralast Gold distributor in the '00 Xterra.
View attachment 226562
I've got an OEM on order from nissanoempartsdirect.com but they totally ghosted me the last week. No shipping info provided and no response to my inquiry. I'll have to get medieval tomorrow (Monday) and if no progress dispute the charge and order elsewhere.
Is the OEM even available anymore? What does your order status say? I ordered a shift boot for my Regal from an online GM dealer and 2 days later I got an email in my spam folder saying they cancelled the order, part discontinued.

I'm pretty sure the OEM dizzy's for the Nissan VG's are all gone. Even the dealer will sell you a Nissan "Value Line" part now, which isn't any different that what AZ sells.

Is the OEM even available anymore? What does your order status say? I ordered a shift boot for my Regal from an online GM dealer and 2 days later I got an email in my spam folder saying they cancelled the order, part discontinued.

I'm pretty sure the OEM dizzy's for the Nissan VG's are all gone. Even the dealer will sell you a Nissan "Value Line" part now, which isn't any different that what AZ sells.
I wondered about that, too! My order status just says "In progress"

I couldn't chase it today because I had to frantically replace the Rogue window I broke like an idiot, plus other fires to put out.

I put in three horizontal stringer anchors down at the pond bank. Using a 18" ground anchor screwed into the bank dirt and some steel cable. Hook that up tot he tee post I have driven in to the pond. Burnt up my hammer drill cause the ground is so hard. Ended up having to use a 1/2" socket wrench. Need one more. Got new DeWalt 1/2' on order.

Finally got some rain last night, suppose to get some more today so I might actually mow the grass if I get a chance.

Horizontal stringer anchors on east bank.jpg

Another new exterior door handle in a GMT400. The past two GM Genuines I've installed would drag the handle return spring inside the door. It sounds terrible and makes the action feel noticeably poor. See scuffed paint inside door:
20240625_153726.jpg

This one I pulled back out, sanded the spring (finger indicates) and reinstalled. Nice and quiet now!
20240625_153713.jpg

2023 Chevrolet Blazer
Rotated tires, inspected brakes, changed oil
2013 Kia Forte
Replaced front brake rotors and pads, rotated tires, changed oil

45 mph winds yesterday morning so first I pick up branches. Got a good rain though. Been over two weeks since I mowed. Grass is going to seed but still green.

Wait 'til you have a employee crash a customers car into another customers car.
Ya didn't hear this from me but a couple weeks ago I backed my neighbor's Cavalier into my wife's F150. It was dark and her truck was in a spot we don't normally park it.

I was going slow and there was zero damage. I even verified in the morning in daylight. I got lucky! I couldn't tell the wife because she's been on me about working late ‐- and she'd be right because I was really tired.

Solution: pretend it never happened!

Helping my elderly folks get from one house to another house. They can't make the ~3 hr drive anymore. This is fairly recent and they NEED to consolidate to one home because I can't continue to be their personal chauffeur and auto transport.
20240627_114607.jpg

Their '18 KL TH has a whopping 20k miles! I figure it's got at least 2k more miles in it before the front struts leak, the radiator leaks and the 3.2 oil cooler bathes the top of the motor!!
20240626_142534.jpg

Back