What are you working on today?

Posts 6-9 installed. I am feeling it this morning. Ran out of concrete. More work next weekend. Spotted a teen rattlesnake. Also a curious preggers deer was hanging out.

View attachment 218947View attachment 218948

Holes 10-15 dug yesterday, only hit some roots here and there and it was easy work except for the heat. Need alot of concrete.

1718542625721.jpg

Changed coils and spark plugs because it started misfiring with a code reading P0300 (random misfire) I used TRQ auto for the parts. Unfortunately it started misfiring even worse. Limped home about 30 minutes, started up this morning with a loud clacking noise. I think my cats are toast again (They’ve been replaced 3 times already) I replaced all 4 cats and plugs/coils a few months ago…I don’t live in an emission state so I may gut them. These engines like to ingest the debris that gets clogged and it gets past the rings ultimately sending it to the grave yard. Engine has 206,000 plus on it, I’ve owned since 196k.
IMG_3479.jpeg

Trying to replace floor support posts for my front farmer porch. Them are currently half logs. Trying to get some PT 8x8 timber but cannot find any.
Suppose I could marry two 4x6 - but don't want to - it would look odd
Also have some white king pine cants when a sawmill was nearby (now gone)
They have been stacked under a tarp on the back porch corner for a few years - but I am afraid to look under the tarp and I dont really know if I can treat them to last. Heat wave coming in a day up here - so not going to be doing hard labour for a few.

Changed coils and spark plugs because it started misfiring with a code reading P0300 (random misfire) I used TRQ auto for the parts. ... . Unfortunately it started misfiring even worse. Engine has 206,000 plus on it, I’ve owned since 196k.
Happened to a coworker in her old "real" pathfinder.
It was eventually diagnosed as a cam position sensor - I think.

Happened to a coworker in her old "real" pathfinder.
It was eventually diagnosed as a cam position sensor - I think.
Yeah, I’ve dealt with those in my real Pathfinder as well. It was an 08’. Replaced all 3 cam and crank sensors. This Xterra ran better than my 08’ believe it or not. I never had to deal with the cats on my 08’ it had original with 186k on them. They usually throw a special code related to cam or crank. I may swap the old coils and plugs to narrow it down.

Yeah, I’ve dealt with those in my real Pathfinder as well. It was an 08’. Replaced all 3 cam and crank sensors. This Xterra ran better than my 08’ believe it or not. I never had to deal with the cats on my 08’ it had original with 186k on them. They usually throw a special code related to cam or crank. I may swap the old coils and plugs to narrow it down.
I'd do this. Despite the "T" I wouldn't trust TRQ ignition components

I replaced the a/c compressor in a 2000 Cavalier. I used GPD aaaannnd aftermarket strikes again! The clutch plug was clocked just slightly differently and the plug wouldn't push on due to upper clip.
20240615_214824.jpg

It's funny because when I unplugged it I thought GM really didn't want that plug coming off because you see plenty of plugs of this style with a single clip.

I didn't want to do it, but it was late so I just cut the upper clip off. The other option was dropping the compressor again and clearancing the bracket.
20240615_215029.jpg

Well, joke's on me because with the upper clip removed it was evident it could fit, but it seemed like the pins weren't lined up. There's no direct line of sight when installed. I tried to adjust the pins by feel with my fingertip, tried to snap pics with my phone (total fail), and considered a borescope but finally gave in and decided I had to pull the compressor again just to see what was happening. Indeed, one of the pins WAY bent.

While the compressor was out I went ahead and clearanced the bracket in case I ever have to install an unmolested plug. Sigh.
20240615_222214.jpg

@Timmastertech FYI

90F and the batteries are too hot to recharge.... Brought them into the AC with a fan on them. But I got it down and where I was aiming too! Got it cut up enough to push off the road for now.

Dead ash three.jpg

Tried my hand at paintless dent repair yesterday. I bought a cheap $45 kit off Amazon. The puller that fit the size of my dent broke almost instantly. I tried some another one which was a little too big, which unfortunately limited how much I could get the dent out. After all is said and done, did I get some great deal for doing this myself? Probably not. A professional would’ve probably made it near perfect. However, is the repair what I’d expect for $45? Honestly, yeah. I would’ve loved to see how good it could’ve gotten had the piece I needed not broken, but oh well.

IMG_3368.jpeg

IMG_3369.jpeg

IMG_3373.jpeg

IMG_3374.jpeg

Swapped in old plugs and coils and took the rear cats off to inspect. Driver side primary cat started to break away. Passenger looked fine. Probably still going to do away with the honey comb in the front. The secondary cats won’t clog and get sucked up in the engine like the primary’s do. Every single bolt and nut broke as I was taking them off.
IMG_3489.jpeg

More work on the Silverado, removed a heater core bypass and reinstalled the hoses, topped off the coolant and have heat again. 2-3 years ago one of the fittings at the firewall broke. I used slightly larger hoses and connected them directly to the heater core. Those fittings were a major pain to remove.

Removed one spark plug, I forgot I put in Iridium AC Delco plugs a long while ago. It looked great, so I reinstalled it and replaced the wires with matching AC Delco wires with dielectric grease, took the truck for a 10 mile shakedown, no leaks and runs strong.

IMG_0134.jpeg
IMG_0135.jpeg

Back