What are you working on today?

Today I have a 79 blazer to check a transmission leak on. I also have two Cadillac CTS sedans in the yard. Ones parts and the other is receiver of parts. The radiator and condenser have to be changed over. I might also have a Tahoe coming to check a coolant leak on.

Ran my Troybilt generator 5550/8550 three hours a couple of weeks ago during a short power outage. It’s been sitting on my back deck covered since, just in case. Wheeled it around to the garage today, ran it about 15 minutes, shut off the fuel and when it stopped I drained the tank dry then changed the oil, VWB 5w30. Tucked it away and hopefully it’ll be ready the next time I need it.

Cadillac is done, being picked up in the morning. Blazer needed the pan gasket replaced, and that's done. Tahoe never showed but a 2003 Durango did, and it needs a water pump. Guess I'll be doing that tomorrow. Not working Friday through Sunday if I can help it.

Installed new window stools in our bedroom. Hand stained and spar urethaned.
IMG_20210303_154548593.jpg
IMG_20210303_154539968.jpg
IMG_20210303_154508397_HDR.jpg

Unless they do it wrong or can’t do it. Had that happen many times with customers.

I helped pops (real father) do this job in December on his 03’ Dakota. Very easy job, pretty hardto mess it up too. Luckily I had some of the correct MOPAR anti freeze still in my stash for him to use too

I helped pops (real father) do this job in December on his 03’ Dakota. Very easy job, pretty hardto mess it up too. Luckily I had some of the correct MOPAR anti freeze still in my stash for him to use too
Yeah I have done them on the older Dakota too right there in the front of the engine. It’s common on these.

I had a first time experience yesterday helping a friend out. He has a 2015 Harley that has watercooled heads. His water pump decided to stop pumping and needed to be replaced. Neither of us had ever done one before so it was interesting. We found out Harley doesn't use the same pumping system anymore, and now uses what they install on the 2017 and up models. That meant ripping a few feet of hose's, and the pump out completely. Nothing from the original system was used. Everything was new and redesigned to fit his bike. The thing is , you need to disassemble half the bike to get to the pump. After some head scratching, we managed to get the new pump and all the parts and wiring, stuffed into the tiny space allocated for it. Bleeding the air out of the system was a consuming, and the instructions say to ride it a few miles then check the coolant level again. I'm glad my bike doesn't have that setup, and I won't buy one that does.,,,

Ended up pulling the drivers side gas tank out of an 86 Chevrolet C10, and the new one is ready to go back in. Also removed the carburetor to be sent off and rebuilt, and replaced the fuel pump. Monday I'll be flushing the fuel lines between the tank and switch valve.

6A21F6B2-23F5-4A69-921F-3D0AEB3BAACF.jpeg
5A4F25AC-DFED-471D-9949-91046F67C6FC.jpeg
05E87549-F494-4AA6-B45B-E709833BA21B.jpeg

I got the front of the beetle open like I have been trying to do for the last few months. The latch finally budged so I just took it off until I get ready to drive it.

Oh it runs 😂😂😂. I bet the tire spins hundreds of miles per hour every time it’s on.
Those and Corvairs used to be great in the snow. Theyd just plow along just like front wheel drive cars do now. There are upsides to hanging the drivetrain over the drive wheels.

Those and Corvairs used to be great in the snow. Theyd just plow along just like front wheel drive cars do now. There are upsides to hanging the drivetrain over the drive wheels.
Haha I didn’t know that. They are so light that I thought they would just spin around.

Today I worked on some shop equipment. With the help of a co-worker we had to file and sand a cone for the wheel balancer because someone thought it would be a good idea to hammer on it to the point that it wouldn't slide on to the arbour. I then took apart the tire machine to a fix a vacuum leak at the pedal switch for the wheel jaws and, refilled the oiler and adjusted the drip rate.

Back