What are you working on today?

C2A50F22-A0BE-4705-80CB-23CAF4326260.jpeg
59AE0D4F-718A-46C2-A45A-AC6A54F55249.jpeg
19F43BA9-D97D-4A7C-AB3D-4558EBA3133E.jpeg
9F61BA93-B064-49C5-89FF-BE839287C542.jpeg

Installed the new plastic glovebox in the beetle today. So much better than that paper/fiberglass one that was factory and falling apart. Tomorrow I’m going to try to replace the release cable and handle if I get time then start on the ignition.

Well I finally have a nice weekend so I got to work on the wife's Chrysler after a morning of running errands and shopping. She got a very thorough detail, oil change, tire rotation, new Michelin stealth XT wipers, and a new cabin air filter. The wheels and wheel wells got a very thorough cleaning while rotating.
After the weather from a few weeks ago, the detail was much needed and time consuming considering the oil change and rotation was due as well.

Didn’t work today since no parts still 😡. And no cars needed an inspection but my boss gave me a bit of money since I did show up since I was asked too. Unbelievable been waiting a week and a half on a set of head gaskets for a Chevy S10 and brake pads and rotors for something else and 4 camshafts for a Ford. And many other parts too. But at home I installed a new vacuum elbow on my Escape on the back of the intake manifold. And got some new tools too.

Got back at it yesterday. Tire rotation on a 2003 Lesabre and an oil change. Battery, belt and alternator on a 97 Silverado. Today I've got a drivers side motor mount to do on a 2011 Suburban. Maybe when that's done I'll get to sticking the gas tank back in the 86 C10.

Didn’t work today since no parts still 😡. And no cars needed an inspection but my boss gave me a bit of money since I did show up since I was asked too. Unbelievable been waiting a week and a half on a set of head gaskets for a Chevy S10 and brake pads and rotors for something else and 4 camshafts for a Ford. And many other parts too. But at home I installed a new vacuum elbow on my Escape on the back of the intake manifold. And got some new tools too.
I show all of those items in-stock locally. Where are you guys getting parts from?

I show all of those items in-stock locally. Where are you guys getting parts from?
We check with all parts stores locally. Couldn’t find anything. We finally got the head gaskets yesterday and got that out of the way. I haven’t asked about the camshafts. Got the pads and rotors this morning and got that out of the way. We got the head gasket set and brake parts from Advance Auto waited over a week for them. I think we checked with the dealer too but customer would not pay the price.

Suburban is done. Got the tank almost installed on the C10. R&I the gas tanks on these trucks is a mother. I'll finish getting all the bolts in tomorrow. The lines between the tank and selector valve are flushed clean, and its operating. Fresh gas and a rebuilt carburetor should have it good to go.

I greased my dads truck today. Installed the reflectors required for inspection, inspected the brakes, greased the trailer, next I have to do an A/C line and shocks. The battery operated grease gun bit the dust but the company is going to replace it I just have to send it in and pay the shipping there 🤬🤬😡😡.

I greased my dads truck today. Installed the reflectors required for inspection, inspected the brakes, greased the trailer, next I have to do an A/C line and shocks. The battery operated grease gun bit the dust but the company is going to replace it I just have to send it in and pay the shipping there 🤬🤬😡😡.
Thats better than being told to pound sand.

True. It was doing fine till now we at least want the old grease tube back 😂. They told us we could return to Tractor Supply but it’s been over 30 days so they wouldn’t accept it.
I've actually thought about getting a battery powered one. I've had a pneumatic for years, and a couple of hand pumps.

Got the tank installed in the C10. Expecting the carburetor back tomorrow morning. I replaced all the drive belts as the old ones were crumbling apart. Also had a 99 Bonneville in the shop to replace the passenger front wheel hub. Suppose to have a Nissan Sentra coming tomorrow to install a new bumper cover on.

When does the fuel injection and supercharger get installed?
Right after the Buick V-6 or LS swap. The official coin-toss hasn't happened yet. But I do hear that you can double off-the-line horsepower in a classic Beetle by just replacing the rubber bands. ;)

Me? I'm waiting for my iron block LQ-9 to cool from a high-speedi run into the city to pick up a Felpro oil cooler line gasket that slips up between the oil filter boss and that funky compression fit lineset that feeds up to the nose into the radiator oil-coolant heat exchanger. Thankfully the lines and cooler are solid. But over the last 2 oil changes that seep - turned into a weep - then it drips. Just a teaspoon on the pavement overnight. Time for physical repair before it turns into a waterfall of oil. Worse yet, if oil slips past, air's likely to get sucked in. Air/oil foam doesn't lubricate. On a sporty performance rig? Yikes! I'm no tree hugger, but I also simply do not want to drink my Mobil-1 in 20 somewhat years either. I fix leaks, rips, tears and drips.

EDIT:

I hear that the same rubber band trick works on your Willy.

...NO, not *that* one. This one: ;>

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Back