What are you eating right now?

IMG_3813.jpeg

Chinese. The restaurant closed during covid. Done a complete renovation and now is reopen and man does it bring back memories

I was trying to put a positive spin on it. The carcinogenic effects of high doses of acrylamide have been shown in animal testing. Nobody knows how much burnt toast you need to eat before your body converts enough acrylamide into glycidamide which is the actual mutagen. I'd rather err on the side of caution but I won't freak out at the sight of a little char like I do when I see AM's takeout.
cavemen certainly did not eat raw meat. imho meat often fall into firepit..
hundreds thousands years later we are still here :)
Screen Shot 06-06-23 at 04.29 PM.jpg

at parents visit, bread with butter& salt. poppyseeds cake
made on woodstove, all good!

Last edited:
cavemen certainly did not eat raw meat. imho meat often fall into firepit..
hundreds thousands years later we are still here :)View attachment 159727
at parents visit, bread with butter& salt. poppyseeds cake
made on woodstove, all good!
Acylamide is mostly found in overly heated/roasted starchy plant-based foods like baked goods and deep-fried foods such as bread, chips, fries, breaded stuff. Also found in roasted coffee beans and some foods like olives. Acylamide is not a concern with meat itself unless the meat product contains sugar/molasses additives as most bacon does and many sausages do.

Very nice looking bread and poppyseed cake.

Last edited:
We are sipping a nice Italian Chard with the news on in the background while chicken legs and broccoli braise in stock on the range.
A relaxing close to a good day where retired wife went and swam (water aerobics followed with twenty laps, not sure how I kept up with her snorkeling in the Caribbean last winter) and me completing my May bank recs at work with only one minor reconciling item.
A good meal after a good day, but both mostly are.
Maybe I should retire too?

Back