What are you doing right now?

Looking at what to put my 2024 Roth contribution into, although I'm hesitant to drop it all in at once. Still want another car instead (older me will thank me in a couple decades though). Maybe I'll just put a bit in for now, and revisit in a month.
You're sounding more mature than the norm. Older you probably is going to be thanking you repeatedly. Your CR-V might be aging out but mileage it should be good for at least another third more than it has. Good luck with the tough decisions.

You're sounding more mature than the norm. Older you probably is going to be thanking you repeatedly. Your CR-V might be aging out but mileage it should be good for at least another third more than it has. Good luck with the tough decisions.
Elected for middle road for now--half now, half later, going into 2024 Roth. Have some windfall money on the side, in SPAXX so it's making a little bit, but not a lot, just sitting there. Son's tuition is coming up soon so that will take another hit to cash reserves *sigh*.

CRV is sipping on oil but will age out some day. I was "stuck" home most of the day as I was the only one not needing a car. Feels odd when that happens, but it is what it is. I really want to go back to 4 vehicles, for 4 drivers, so that a vehicle can go down without it feeling like too much of a crunch. At some point I'll find the right vehicle, avoiding a rush into any bad decisions. Eyeing a 20 year old Volvo with 300k on the clock (trans already replaced, what's to fear?) and a slightly newer one that is more than I want to pay but has lots of records (that's good and bad, as one of the last ones was a dealer visit to check on the trans... but nothing was done... hrm).

For now, I'm sorting some capacitors. I've been building my electronics stash, not quite as bad as some stash oil here, but not far removed either... at least it takes up less space! Now to label the bins, as I just ordered more stuff that I probably didn't need... but had to have all the same. :)

1704580306179.jpg

I’m texting my friend who now has another number as he just switched back to Verizon. He wanted to keep his but couldn’t understand why it might take a day or two to fully come over to Verizon but would still operate. He was originally going to be given the new 826 area code but told them he absolutely would not accept a number with a 2 in it because it was unmanly so they gave him a choice of 35 numbers as that’s all they had with our 540 area code as it’s exhausted now. He wanted the same first three digits as me but none of those were available then tried to get me to give him mine which I said was not happening then asked my dad for his which also said wasn’t happening. This makes number 37 for him since 2013. His third without a 2 lol. I don’t think I’ve met anyone quite as interesting as him. He got the base model 15 in blue he cause he couldn’t afford anything else he wanted the pro or pro max. Only had to pay $90 today but still owes T-Mobile money. Now I’ve got 37 numbers under his contact lol. I’ve always saved the old ones cause no one would believe me when I tell them otherwise. I’m just glad he is back on Verizon as his call quality is so much improved over T Mobile which would always cut out. Now he has service at his house in the middle of the city too.

Brought the logging truck home today, work starts at 3am.
Worked on my minijet boat build some more.
Picked a wedding date, July 6th.
Making apple pancakes for dinner tonight.
Lunch is made for tomorrow, 3 ham and cheese sandwiches, 3 pieces of fruit, yogurt, 2 liters of water, and a ginger snap cookie.
Christmas decorations are all taken down, and put away.
Now time to relax and watch TV.

@4WD, in these pics, the Johnson was made February of 1973, not sure of what year it was sold as. The Rude and my other Ghost were made in 1973, sold as a 74 model and bought in 75 by my wife's grandfather.

@4WD, in these pics, the Johnson was made February of 1973, not sure of what year it was sold as. The Rude and my other Ghost were made in 1973, sold as a 74 model and bought in 75 by my wife's grandfather.
That’s way cool !!! - wish those companies were still around - they were once behind me all the way (sorry, fisherman joke) …

I’m looking at tickets for the MLB game we might be going too in July. Still considering the teams we want to see and the location. Most likely DC or Baltimore though. Just got MLB TV no blackout package so I can watch any game I want too. I was also given an Apple Watch today so been playing around with that. Not my thing though so probably gonna sell it to get some vacation money. My coworker is interested in it. Man trying to decide on which MLB stadium to go to is hard lol. Want to go to so many of them but only do one a year as that’s all I budget for. My goal is to eventually visit all 30 so I have 27 more to visit lol. After July it will be down to 26 though. And as I think on all this stuff currently watching a rerun of the 1993 World Series between the Toronto Blue Jays and Philadelphia Phillies on MLB TV.

Studying baseball stats just for fun. Me and my apprentice love baseball. We have been quizzing each other on facts about players and teams and stadiums just to pass the time. I’m so glad I finally have someone in the shop who follows baseball and understands what the heck I’m talking about. He is a Seattle Mariners fan so he has been quizzing me about that team which is probably one of the teams I’ve studied the least lol. It’s funny we are both from Virginia but don’t have a favorite team on this side of the states lol. Most people in my area like the Nationals or Orioles and we got a few that like the Cubs and Cardinals. Me personally San Diego Padres and Milwaukee Brewers

Hey! You two, get to work! :ROFLMAO:
Lol. Not much work today. We done two brake jobs that was it. It flooded here a small bit so everybody stayed home. In total the whole dealership (10 franchise brands) done 92 cars that includes express lane cars which average 30-40 a day so most of the work. So everybody was slow. I like it personally but that’s just me lol.

Same here, lots of precipitation today. My drive home was messy with water logged roads and slush; some school bus routes were also cancelled. You like it because you're hourly, I get that. I use to be hourly too when I apprenticed at a dealership. (y)

Snow plows just went passed my house as I type this. It sounded like they were waterskiing; it's 4 degrees Celsius right now. :ROFLMAO:

Just got home from work.
A foot of new snow today, lots of tire chains, and I didn't make my cycle times today, but not a big deal.
Other days I am ahead of my cycle times.
Trailer loader at the mill was broken all day, so they had a grapple loader putting my trailer up for me, which is actually better, so that was good.

I’m chilling and taking updated pictures of my MLB cap collection. Just have to get 3 more hats to have all 30 teams going to buy one every other week for the next three paychecks since they are $44 each. Going to Lids with my friend this weekend but they are always out of my size so probably have to order from the MLB site like always. Man I’m ready for baseball to start up.

Just relaxing and drinking my Mtn Dew. Bought a Hulu subscription with ESPN+ and Disney+ for my TV. Only show I’m a little upset about not getting is Seinfeld. You have to have the $76.99 a month package for that and no way I’m paying that. I pay $14.99 a month for the package I got. I will find Seinfeld somewhere else like Apple TV+ or somewhere. I have The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill, American Dad, Malcolm in the Middle and many other shows too just lacking Seinfeld. It’s ok though. I had debated between Hulu and Sling TV. Decided on Hulu when they offered me the other two with it for an extra $7 because those programs alone are like $24.99 a month otherwise. Has ads but for price I’m not complaining.

Books are excellent entertainment and don't cost anything with a library card. And no ads. Ever. Well, unless you get the excellent book on VW advertising and the Doyle, Dane, Birnbach (misspelled I'm sure) advertising agency. Super interesting book about VW ads of the 60's and 70's. Lots of ads in that one.

Back