What are you doing right now?

Just got back from the gym, went with my fiance, and met my brother in law there.
We 3 were discussing spending of money, and I said that since my employer had a good year financially, my Christmas bonus was a lot more than i had expected.
That i put some into savings, some into my buy a logging truck account, a little in my vacation account, and slapped down some as an extra on my mortgage.
A woman working out near by, looked at me and called me "weirdo". Said a Christmas bonus is to be spent on " fun stuff only, because it's mad money ".

So now it has been confirmed, I am a weirdo.
Before tonight I was only 96.3% sure I was a weirdo.

Just got back from the gym, went with my fiance, and met my brother in law there.
We 3 were discussing spending of money, and I said that since my employer had a good year financially, my Christmas bonus was a lot more than i had expected.
That i put some into savings, some into my buy a logging truck account, a little in my vacation account, and slapped down some as an extra on my mortgage.
A woman working out near by, looked at me and called me "weirdo". Said a Christmas bonus is to be spent on " fun stuff only, because it's mad money ".

So now it has been confirmed, I am a weirdo.
Before tonight I was only 96.3% sure I was a weirdo.
Far better to be a money weirdo than to be money stupid.

Just got to work. I’m ready to go home lol. Not staying till 9:30 this time though. Hopefully it’s slow so I can talk with one of my new apprentices about baseball without interruptions. He likes all sports so he is educating me on football and I am him on baseball. I couldn’t tell you the first thing about any sport except baseball. Also going to pick today or this weekend which MLB stadium to visit for vacation. Thinking Washington Nationals but could end up anywhere. I can’t ever get a straight answer from dad of where he is willing to go until the last minute.

Busy week - so far

Today we get a free duct cleaning by the company who installed our HVAC units. No not a come on. Our Neighbor owns a good HVAC company. He/They just bought some large vacuum trucks and full equipment - brand new. His house was the first training/beta trial. Then he did the house across the way. Then 5 more training house for his guys. Now he is doing ten more and asked us. Why not? Even if you think vent cleaning is hokey, may as well. Don't think it's been done since house was built in 2014.

Need to get ahold of my water guy, waiting to hear back on roof repair after windstorm last week, bug guy came yesterday, gutter cleaning guy gave estimate, have not heard back.

Waiting on the first monthly annuity installment to arrive. Them: What day would you like your payment? Me: On the third of the month. Them: Ok. Them failing to mention that is the day they initiate it and it actually arrives in 1-3 business days. Now that I'm aware it isn't a big deal but it was definitely disconcerting at first.

Waiting on the first monthly annuity installment to arrive. Them: What day would you like your payment? Me: On the third of the month. Them: Ok. Them failing to mention that is the day they initiate it and it actually arrives in 1-3 business days. Now that I'm aware it isn't a big deal but it was definitely disconcerting at first.
Wait. Annuity? You??

Oh this is going to be good. Please detail it out why it makes sense for you.

Wait. Annuity? You??

Oh this is going to be good. Please detail it out why it makes sense for you.
Had a rent house with a terrorist HOA. Got $X a month. Paid out ~0.65X per month to taxes, insurance, repairs and terrorist group. Sold it. Put 90% of the proceeds in this annuity and now will receive $1.1X monthly with zero deductions or expenses for the remainder of my life and what's left going to my estate. Never have to think about it or do anything other than notice the deposit every month on the third plus 1-3 as it turns out.

Will be interesting to see if this thread takes off. So, for those that have the time and can safely do so.. Please post up, what you are doing right now.

I will start. Just made some French Toast, about to make some more. Fed everyone. Checked oil level. Now adding NesQuik to my milk.. 2%. Cat has jumped up on table and wants some French Toast and has now approached my plate, lol. Re-directing her to her food.

You?
Breathing

SYaOkZH.jpg
Trade them in for different part numbers at Walmart.or get your gift card refund if you don’t have the receipts.

Had a rent house with a terrorist HOA. Got $X a month. Paid out ~0.65X per month to taxes, insurance, repairs and terrorist group. Sold it. Put 90% of the proceeds in this annuity and now will receive $1.1X monthly with zero deductions or expenses for the remainder of my life and what's left going to my estate. Never have to think about it or do anything other than notice the deposit every month on the third plus 1-3 as it turns out.
As long as the rate is OK and annuity expenses aren't too nasty.......I just figured you as a DIY guy. I assume it penciled out alright.

Just getting ready to go out for dad to get his coffee and our sodas. I was watching TV in my room. Found the George Lopez show on Peacock TV one of my favorite sitcoms. I grew up watching that. Mom is making some sausage for breakfast. Dad finally just got up and around. We were lucky to get sausage at the store last night. Everyone was going crazy because of the snow we were supposed to get and the store sold out of everything. We never panic buy like that. I seen people loading up their carts full of canned foods like Chef Boyardee and soups and everything like they were going to be trapped inside for a month. My friend works at Bojangles and called in saying the roads were too bad but he is a habitual offender and his boss called him out on it lol. There is nothing on the road or anywhere because it didn’t snow.

Looking at Volvo station wagons. Waiting for my own car to come home (hence the looking).

Need to start the 4 wheeler, make sure my plow is working, getting 6" of snow tonight. Should test the invertor too.

Busy week - so far

Today we get a free duct cleaning by the company who installed our HVAC units. No not a come on. Our Neighbor owns a good HVAC company. He/They just bought some large vacuum trucks and full equipment - brand new. His house was the first training/beta trial. Then he did the house across the way. Then 5 more training house for his guys. Now he is doing ten more and asked us. Why not? Even if you think vent cleaning is hokey, may as well. Don't think it's been done since house was built in 2014.

Need to get ahold of my water guy, waiting to hear back on roof repair after windstorm last week, bug guy came yesterday, gutter cleaning guy gave estimate, have not heard back.

Seems like a good idea to clean the ducts occasionally.
My house was built in 1993, but when I bought it in 2019 before moving in i had the carpets, and ducts both cleaned. It was surprising how much dirt came out of both, so am glad I had it done.

Right now I am watching TV, an old 'Friends' rerun.
Yesterday was super busy, worked on a 2010 Tacoma a bunch that belongs to a neighbor woman. Test drove a Sienna minivan, worked out at the gym for 3 hours, swam 0.6 kms, took my dog for an 8km walk, and sparred with another fighter for 30 minutes. Lent my neighbor my F150 for the day, so drove her Tacoma when I was done working on it, thanks Jesus I own an F150, not a Tacoma.

Looking at what to put my 2024 Roth contribution into, although I'm hesitant to drop it all in at once. Still want another car instead (older me will thank me in a couple decades though). Maybe I'll just put a bit in for now, and revisit in a month.

Back