What are you doing right now?

Cleaning a Remington 572 that was given to me. Had to remove the small 4x scope as I can't see through it for some reason, couldn't shoot worth a darn yesterday, now giving it a good cleaning. If I'm lucky I might get a few rounds through it today. Kicking myself though, I'm digging stuff out of storage (from moving 3 years ago!) and not finding my 22lr jag for cleaning, where on earth did that go...

Checking the delivery status of my new license plates for both my cars. Both sets say in process so hopefully they will be in the mail soon. Didn’t need new plates just wanted them I still had over a year left on the old plates just me and my license plate group people like for change our plates frequently and you can do it up to 5 times a year so why not lol. Plus one of the messages I wanted finally become available so I took it. Old ones will go in my collection and new ones will go on the cars. I got the Choose Life plates for my Escape which will say BLAKEW on them for my first name and last initial. Then for the truck I kept the same personalized message just switched them to In God We Trust plates from the scenic plates which I’ll probably get again in the future. The Choose Life plates will replace the Fight Terrorism plates on the Escape.

20230114_130510.jpg

Waiting until Danny Trejo drives that NICE tow rig. Brand new 1995...

I am sorry. I still dislike this movie (even if parts of it were "well done") and I don't mind doing other things while it is on. But this rig. Might be my favorite part.

That, and Al Pacino takes an Infiniti J30 from the motor pool. Would have been brand new back then. Other than that.. 👎
20230114_131309.jpg
20230114_131320.jpg

20230114_132334.jpg

Last edited:
Went to the library earlier, on the way back stopped at the local gun shop and fondled an SCCY 9mm. Just did some obligatory online reviewing and ruled it out. Bummer.

Now I'm not sure if I would rather do some online shopping of guns that I don't need, or online shopping of cars that I don't need. The latter I actually have some use for, the former is much more affordable. Maybe I should go reload some 38's instead.

On the plus side, the LGS will handle gun transfers for me, so if I ever find that 357 rifle I always wanted, I'm all set there. Just great, another thing I didn't need to be shopping for...

Just finished lunch. That was some good bbq. Will be going home putting new plates on the vehicles, putting a new battery in the Escape and need to change the oil in it sometime.

Younger sister and I went to visit my parents and I’m at a tattoo parlor. She is getting her faded lightning bolt tattoos redone on her torso. I myself have no tattoos.

Cigar time and boxing with the neighbors. Beer most likely but there may be bourbon involved. I work Sunday so being up late is bad enough without the bourbon hangover. 😅

Getting ready to go home and eat this McDonald’s. We wanted other stuff but it got too late. I was ready to go early this morning and mom was too but dad slept till 11 and so everything has been behind today lol. Tomorrow we are going on a Sunday drive supposed if everybody gets out of bed on time.

Trying to figure out a way to budget. I’m struggling with money a lot and I need to stop. I would love to be able to save up and buy me a classic truck like I’ve been wanting something like a Chevy C10 or Ford F100 or anything older preferably 70s back. I just don’t know how to save any money up cause I see all these things and tell myself I have to have them. I know it will take awhile to save but I know I can do it. I just have to stop clicking a button and say no lol.

Trying to figure out a way to budget. I’m struggling with money a lot and I need to stop. I would love to be able to save up and buy me a classic truck like I’ve been wanting something like a Chevy C10 or Ford F100 or anything older preferably 70s back. I just don’t know how to save any money up cause I see all these things and tell myself I have to have them. I know it will take awhile to save but I know I can do it. I just have to stop clicking a button and say no lol.
First tip: pay yourself first

Just say you owe your bank account $100 or whatever and no passing go without doing that first

2nd tip: auto deposit

Getting ready to go out. I’m really hoping we don’t waste the day like every other day when I have to wait on people to get up lol. I went to bed at 3am last night and woke up at 8 that’s nothing new for me I’m a night owl 🦉. I get tired of waiting on people to get up just I hate driving so I’m not going anywhere on my own unless I absolutely have too lol. That’s why I wait.

Pulled out a used belt sander, had to "fix" a gritty sealed bearing. Turns freely now.
1674415031869.jpg

My Lee Challenger press has an annoying design, have to use the primer part, I only use the press for depriming and resizing, so I carved up a block of wood and put into the ram. There is a $10 piece on Ebay but for 15 minutes of work on some scrap wood I have it blocked off. Bit of PVC and now the spent primers drop into a can. Was
1674415111765.jpg

Now this. You can see primer tool they have, which has to be installed for depriming (I found it doesn't work, or at the very least, I don't feel like making it work, as I have a different Lee tool for that) (ignore the badly made work bench, it came with the house, and yes, the Lee could use one more bolt to hold it down, but I don't rifles so it lives an easy life).
1674415140619.jpg

Debating if I want to make a run to HF & HD with the daughter. The belt sander needs, well, belts, and HD doesn't have a good selection. I could use more ammo cans, and the daughter needs more driving time. Decisions decisions...

Back