What are you doing right now?

Waiting to make calls to use car lots, the ones I found things at... open at 10? odd, but whatever. Using up my last vacation day doing this, fun.

Starting to look at the pile of work (at work) that I didn't do last year. Thinking I should try to organize it, less work for tomorrow, when I'm back in office. Nah, screw it, it can wait. ;)

I am re-arranging all our auto-billing/payment stuff for multiple reasons. From changed medical insurance to closing down one business. Kind of a pain frankly. Needed a BITOG break!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m enjoying my day off today. We are closed in observance of New Year’s. Mom had to work but the kids don’t go back till tomorrow so she was a little mad about that. So me and dad are just chilling if i could get him out of the bed now lol. Gonna cause us to miss breakfast at Hardee’s but it won’t be the first time lol. Dad has to leave for work later. I plan on going to the antique store if he’d come on. I’ve never been able to sleep late I can go to bed at 2am and get up by 5:45 and be fine which is what I do on most work nights lol. I’m not a morning person though but I make it.

Readin' BITOG of course...

Need to collect trash and make a run to the transfer station.

Wife informed me that she wants me to take the daughter to today's oboe lesson. Afternoon shot...

I might take the daughter to a dealership lot afterwards. I'm finding nothing but junk on CL for her first car. I don't want to buy off a lot but... there is just crap for sale around here, and maybe it'd be a good father-daughter experience to tour a dealer lot. Wrong time of the year for me to travel down south to look, that'll be next summer's plans I think, but I'd be lying if I didn't say it was tempting to just "fix" this issue with the checkbook and be done with it, loan be ****ed.

Trying to get my dad motivated lol. We are going to go to Hardee’s for breakfast then go to OfficeMax because it’s their last day. Going to take lots of pictures of the store.

You seriously eat more fast food than any human I have met
Oh to be 18 again… man what I could pack away! and not have show.

Now I look at a good sized meal and I have to loosen my belt, the pounds come on even when I don’t eat.

Youth is wasted on the young. :mad:

I'm just coming down from the high of finding/buying a replacement plain, everyday workhorse jacket.
You can't want the details, do you?

The brand is an old and familiar one to me, "Weatherproof".

The few Weatherproof garments I've owned over the years, have been good ones.
And yes, I know 'brand names' are not to be trusted automatically anymore, but if they're used to establish a hierarchy on the rack, they might mean something.

Is Stratojac still around? My grandfather had a Stratojac Winter coat I couldn't lift.

Last edited:
Just ordered a set of new license plates for my car. They are personalized. My current ones don’t expire till 2024 but I wanted to go ahead and get some different ones. You are allowed to switch them up to 5 times a year in Virginia is the limit. They sent me a notification saying the plate number I wanted was surrendered and had now cleared the DMV system so I jumped on it. My new plates that will replace the Fight Terrorism ones are the Virginia Choose Life license plates and will read my name and last initial BLAKEW no space as you can only put 6 letters or numbers on it. BLAKE is still taken and it’s definitely not mine because it’s on a Jeep lol. I’m not sure what car the BLAKEW ones were on but whatever they were on it doesn’t have them anymore cause they are mine now. I asked my dad to make sure it was ok I go ahead with it as the car is registered to him he told me I was free to get the plates I liked and the number I wanted. Hopefully they will arrived not damaged. Some people on my group have reported damaged plates during shipping.

Knocking out my yearly required classes on cop stuff.

I could take them in person, our training department puts them on, and I get paid OT for it, but I've decided that since I work nights and have the time, I'd rather reclaim my days off and just do death by powerpoint.

Just ordered a set of new license plates for my car. They are personalized. My current ones don’t expire till 2024 but I wanted to go ahead and get some different ones. You are allowed to switch them up to 5 times a year in Virginia is the limit. They sent me a notification saying the plate number I wanted was surrendered and had now cleared the DMV system so I jumped on it. My new plates that will replace the Fight Terrorism ones are the Virginia Choose Life license plates and will read my name and last initial BLAKEW no space as you can only put 6 letters or numbers on it. BLAKE is still taken and it’s definitely not mine because it’s on a Jeep lol. I’m not sure what car the BLAKEW ones were on but whatever they were on it doesn’t have them anymore cause they are mine now. I asked my dad to make sure it was ok I go ahead with it as the car is registered to him he told me I was free to get the plates I liked and the number I wanted. Hopefully they will arrived not damaged. Some people on my group have reported damaged plates during shipping.
Just ordered a new set for my truck too. Decided to keep the same plate number just switch bases I switched from 89 MAZDA on a Scenic Mountain to Seashore Plate to 89 MAZDA on an In God We Trust Plate. Those only costed me $15 that will replace the current ones that expire in July 2024 to these which will expire the same time.

Slicing onions; helping my wife get lunch ready (Calzone di cipolla barese). Plus, orecchiette with cima di rapa and homemade mild Italian sausage, removed from the casing. My eyes are stil watering as I type this.

Back