What are you doing right now?

Yes landed on it’s wheels. He went to hit the stuck tire off with a hammer and it knocked it off one side and the arms moved out of the way and the car was a little diagonal when it hit the ground but besides being a little hard to backup it wasn’t damaged luckily. He should be glad he didn’t damage that $40k or $50k 4Runner.
Arms are supposed to lock when they're off the ground, or the setup was completely botched. Glad there were no injuries.

Yes landed on it’s wheels. He went to hit the stuck tire off with a hammer and it knocked it off one side and the arms moved out of the way and the car was a little diagonal when it hit the ground but besides being a little hard to backup it wasn’t damaged luckily. He should be glad he didn’t damage that $40k or $50k 4Runner.
Unless he backs up he won't even notice. 🤣

Plenty of snow coming down. Another storm up here. High east winds and snow thats not supposed to let up for another day. Then the -30 makes a return. Oh darn......the trails were real nice before the wind picked up.

20240302_163449.jpg

20240302_163850.jpg

20240302_164243.jpg

Shopping at Zenni's for sunglasses. Went to do some yard work, but we have lots of snow--and sun. But I left my only pair in my car, which my daughter drove off in. Time to order spares.

Googled a flight from MHT to Orlando, getting tired of this car juggling bit.

Eye-examining my latest high blood pressure drug Losartan Potassium from Kroger Pharmacy. Went to MDWeb website to view a pic and study the Manufacturer name Solco.

I don't mind getting these generic drugs. But I prefer it when I get the 90pk container sealed and from the manufacturer. This one is available from the manufacturer in 90-count and instead they issued me their bulk any kind of pill bottle (orange & brown color mix). The Solco website states I can get their sealed bottle in either 30, 90 or 1000 count. My doctor always issues my prescriptions in 90-count.

The picture and what's listed on the tablet is correct. But I hate getting pills filled out of a generic dispenser that may hold 1000 pills of various shapes and sizes. Next time, I'm requesting the Solco manufacturer tablet bottle that contains a seal when unscrewing the cap. I don't want to discontinue using Kroger. But I may have to, in order to get the generic manufacturer pill bottle I want.

At one time I was getting McKesson manufacturer pills from Walmart. I think the brand back then was Lisinopril, which made me dry cough a-lot, so that's when my doc switched me to Losartan. I may go back to Walmart & McKesson manufacturer pills for my Losartan Potassium.

Last edited:
Right now, holding down the couch. Yesterday, rode Haleakala. My wife is awesome and sags for me

Speaking of the sag wagon, random gripes about our '22 Highlander rental, which I think are just gripes about most new cars:
1) underpowered, but I'm assuming it has the smallest powerplant (I don't care enough to look)
2) even my wife commented the auto stop was slow to restart off the line and caused her to panic in heavy traffic
3) I feel Toyota's long been the worst about seat belt alarms but they've somehow taken it to the next level. Beyond truly obnoxious, and a real bummer they have it for rear passengers ‐‐ yeah yeah I know it's supposed to be about side curtain airbags or something. SAFETY! SAFETY! SAFETY!! <---- dog barks at car
4) safety nannies: I don't want lane assist, BSM or auto high beams. Granted, I was able to tone most of these down.
edit for #5: the manual shifter is backwards of "performance" setups like the 8sp ZF, so up is numerically higher while down is numerically lower. It makes sense unless you've driven manuals IMO

I came to the belated realization it's just a minivan with a shorter roof line. Probably great for clueless soccer moms (but heaven help you if a kid unbuckles for 2 seconds), but I think I'd just slit my wrists if I had to drive this everyday. Truly an appliance like an uninspiring toaster oven -- although to be equivalent a toaster oven would have to have a loud alarm that sounds the entire time any surface is over 100*F

ANYWAY:
IMG_20240303_085653.jpg
IMG_20240303_085607.jpg
IMG_20240303_085623.jpg

I’m playing with the dog right now. Getting ready to go back out to the store and everything. Parents want to go to bed early tonight since they are tired. I’m going to be up for awhile though catching up on some SpongeBob Sqaurepants. Trying to finish season 4. Now that I finished The George Lopez Show I’m focusing on SpongeBob now.

I’m playing with the dog right now. Getting ready to go back out to the store and everything. Parents want to go to bed early tonight since they are tired. I’m going to be up for awhile though catching up on some SpongeBob Sqaurepants. Trying to finish season 4. Now that I finished The George Lopez Show I’m focusing on SpongeBob now.
Once you finish all the Sponge Bob Shows, there's a bunch of Sponge Bob Movies.
I was forced to watch with my grandson (something like) 7-8-9 years ago.
Enjoy and some Sponge Bob decals may be available for the glass of your Yellow Beetle.

We are at the store. I’m surfing Reddit too. Trying to get dad out of the store is always a chore lol. He is on eBay trying to find old Samsung phones because he wants to start collecting like I did with iPhones lol.

I just finished reading a book by Harry Middleton titled, "The Earth is Enough, growing up in a world of Flyfishing, Trout, & Old Men".

While it's a finely crafted, exquisitely penned paean to a simple life lived close to nature as learned by a lad from his elderly uncles, like all fishing stories, it is as best I can tell, a huge pack of lies.

I just finished reading a book by Harry Middleton titled, "The Earth is Enough, growing up in a world of Flyfishing, Trout, & Old Men".

While it's a finely crafted, exquisitely penned paean to a simple life lived close to nature as learned by a lad from his elderly uncles, like all fishing stories, it is as best I can tell, a huge pack of lies.
Hahahahahaha great review!

Is it written as a true (auto)biography?

Hahahahahaha great review!

Is it written as a true (auto)biography?
Yeah, the book accounts a 12 year old army brat who gets sent from Okinawa to Missouri to live
with relatives. The thing that gives the lying away to me is the fact that no twelve year old has the kind of deep thoughts or has conversations filled with such grandiloquent language as the author "remembers" 40 years later.

Last edited:
Yeah, the book accounts a 12 year old army brat who gets sent from Okinawa to Missouri to live
with relatives. The thing that gives the lying away to me is the fact that no twelve year old has the kind of deep thoughts or has conversations filled with such grandiloquent language as the author "remembers" 40 years later.
Yeah true but makes good reading.

I'm sure the 52 year old writer didn't embellish those thoughts and feelings at all.

We are trying to agree on dinner lol. I said Chinese food or Chipotle because that’s really the only thing I like that you can get at a restaurant lol. They said heck no but not those exact words lol. I am for the camp of eating at home. I don’t really like eating in restaurants anymore. Dad wants Jersey Mikes. I’ve only tried that place once and hated it because they won’t toast anything. I like subway subs best.

I was hoping to hit the trails today but the snow clearing never quit. Plus its -20c with a 40km/h -30 windchill. After all was said and done, I had to park two of sleds anyway. So I took them for a burn to check if the trench we call a driveway had blown in. I snapped a photo next to one the newest snow piles we made in our parking area.

20240304_190524.jpg

Back