What are you doing right now?

Yeah, go easy on that stuff.
I only drink once to twice a week if that lol. Just have tried lots of stuff. A DB Cooper special sounds good right now a bourbon and 7 UP but I don’t have either one right now haha. The only things I’ve got right now is beer and cream liqueur and some Pepe Lopez Tequila.

Trying to get off my duff and get some yard work done before it rains.

Need to look at daughters Fidelity account and pick something to start her financial journey in. Not sure what is available, maybe she has a target fund and that would be easy.

I’m tired lol. Was up till like 3 last night riding around with the parents. Got up around 6:30. Going to get some hotcakes and sausage at McDonalds then get a Mtn Dew even though caffeine doesn’t do anything for me anymore lol.

Well that failed. Starting raining too soon. Barely got mowing done.

Started blowing out the sprinkler lines. Couple weeks ago I "rebuilt" the oilless compressor, figured the Teflon seal on the piston was probably worn, and that's why it wouldn't build much for pressure. While taking it apart, I encountered a bolt with what looked like red locktite? locking fluid of of some sort, which fought the whole way out. "Do I need to use locktite while putting back together? nah..." Sure enough, that bolt loosened, the sealed kicked out (and is now kinked), and no compressor. I could order another seal, but the power switch doesn't like to stay off now (probably can live with that), and I rarely drained the tank of water in the 10-15 years I've had this cheapo tank. Maybe it's justified to just replace, but ever since electric impacts got good, I really don't need a compressor--only to blow out sprinkler lines, once a year.

Time to weigh options. Might get a freeze this week, not super worried, but it'd be nice to do this job today.

Just got home. Arguing with dad over the grass and leaves. He has an obsession with leaves and thinks there should not be any on the grass. Mowing and yard work season ends September 1st I don’t care what anybody says. We are heated over it. He can’t understand yes there is a dedicated season for yard work. He needs to cool his temper. He destroyed the house inside again. I don’t care I’m right and he is wrong on this one. The people who do yard work in October are like farmers who have crops to worry about.

Just got home. Arguing with dad over the grass and leaves. He has an obsession with leaves and thinks there should not be any on the grass. Mowing and yard work season ends September 1st I don’t care what anybody says. We are heated over it. He can’t understand yes there is a dedicated season for yard work. He needs to cool his temper. He destroyed the house inside again. I don’t care I’m right and he is wrong on this one. The people who do yard work in October are like farmers who have crops to worry about.
It's October here, time for the last mow, still have trees shedding leaves, and it won't be long before I have to deal the white stuff.

Or, are you talking about? I live far to your north and don't think "yard work season" is close to being done. Just "no more mowing every week" season has stopped.

No, completely wrong. People are the only ones who can read a calendar. The environment knows and does what it wants, when it wants. If that means yardwork is required in November or January or whenever then it is required. Your dad is correct. And bottom line, even if he was totally wrong, which he is not, HIS HOUSE HIS RULES. So your only option is grin and bear it and get on with it. Or plan B, become responsibly mature financially and move out on your own.

He is completely wrong. Look it up. I tell him he has an Android user mindset since he thinks everything must be done the hard way. It’s kinda funny to watch him throw a temper tantrum that is unnecessary. Now I am looking at his car. Appears to have jumped timing. He wants to just get rid of it and get something newer or get one of our abandoned cars on the road which I’m for both really. Also deciding what to grill tonight too I vote steaks. Steaks and alcohol sound amazing right now. If not steaks then I want Chinese food again.

How about you look it up and share where it says you only do yardwork between X and Y dates? Then the rest of us will know what source to stop using as your dad is correct. When it needs done it needs done. And again, even more importantly, even if he is completely wrong, HIS HOUSE HIS RULES. So as long as you live in HIS house you abide by HIS rules. Or plan B, read your **** book, become a mature adult, at least regarding money, and move out on your own.

Our trees probably still have 75% of the leaves, in my part of Iowa.
Leaves falling have no time frame. After they are done, I worry about cleaning them up and blowing out the gutters.
(meaning my handi-woman gets more work and pay) I'm too old and broken down to do it anymore.

If you still live with your parents for free-their rules should apply.

Our trees probably still have 75% of the leaves, in my part of Iowa.
Leaves falling have no time frame. After they are done, I worry about cleaning them up and blowing out the gutters.
(meaning my handi-woman gets more work and pay) I'm too old and broken down to do it anymore.

If you still live with your parents for free-their rules should apply.
I’ve never understood why someone would want leaves out of their yard but that’s just me. Me and my mom agree it’s part of nature, and this year the county is coming around to collect leaves for us they said they needed them for a community project? We had two workers show up today with leaf blowers and bags to get ours and the neighbors. No complaints from me. We don’t have a blower and my back kills me when I rake.

Back