What are you doing right now?

Trying to get my people motivated so we can go get steaks, beer for tonight lol. Steaks, beer and a baseball game all sound excellent right now. I want to get the steaks early so they can be absorbing the seasoning.

I was cleaning in the basement, and I found a real throwback 😅
It was a VHS of "How a car is made" featuring IQ Parrot as your guide 🦜
I thought I wore it out as a kid, but it still plays 🥰
PXL_20230812_175105099.jpg

PXL_20230812_175551279.jpg

©1995, so I'm assuming it was filmed in '93/'94 at Dearborn Assembly
Apparently someone digitized it
A must watch if you own an SN95 IMO
I believe there was also a version with more formal narration, not geared towards kids

About to do dishes, then wondering if I should go to the dealer. I see a Corolla and a Camry, both non hybrid. Tired of looking at used cars online, not sure there any deals to be had at this time.

A must watch if you own an SN95 IMO
I believe there was also a version with more formal narration, not geared towards kids

Cool video. At 12:00 it says the hood is made of plastic ... think it was actually some kind of fiberglass composite skin on a metal frame.

Last edited:
Drained 4 qts atf from Flexy, refilled with 1 qt MC, 1 qt ST, 2 qts Valvoline- all merc V. Laying on sofa now trying to motivate myself to pack for my weeklong trip in the WV mountains that I am leaving for in the AM

Just got back from Kroger and The Fresh Market getting steaks. Getting ready to season them. Watching the New York Yankees @ Miami Marlins game. Go Marlins. I wish teams would get rid of these goofy city connect uniforms. Go back to always wearing your main or alternate uniforms. All the city connect ones look goofy as heck.

PXL_20230812_212031522.jpg

My new neighbor convinced me to do the OCI on his other car
Of course the second I get the filter off, it begins to rain 😔
2020 QX60 (Infiniti Pathfinder), 8k, VQ35DD something that I now despise 😒
The dipstick is a war crime, and an affront to human decency 😤
YOU CAN'T GET A DECENT FUNNEL IN WITHOUT REMOVING THE ENGINE COVER 😭
Typical quick lube nonsense, RTV over the over crushed Nissan copper crush washer
Cleaned all that off, fresh crush washer
Plain STP oil filter that was on WAY TOO TIGHT
Forcing said oil filter off made me brush against the already loose inner wheel liner, breaking the already loose clips
Let it drain in the rain, luckily it broke half hour later 🙄
The oil was significantly darker and I don't think 5 quarts drained 😳
OEM Nissan Gohner Oil filter, 5qts of M1 AFE 0w20
A can of brake cleaner, some washer fluid, some clips I found in the shed to keep the splash shield from rattling
The coolant overflow is EMPTY 😳
I open the radiator cap, it starts bubbling (engines cool to touch) 🤔
I don't stock Nissan Blue, off to Advance for some Peak OE Asian blue
Fill the overflow, check the tires, vacuum the compost out of the cowl
Drive it ~25 feet off my driveway and back onto his

...at least I profited, so that's something 🙂
It's all ready for it's trip to Canada next week 👍
How a barely 3 year old car with 8,000 miles become such a minor burden 🙄
His Highlander last weekend was child's play in comparison

Last edited:
Just out riding around and thinking about all the stuff I have to work on tomorrow lol. Gotta do brakes and oil change on moms car. Gotta do stuff to my Camry, gotta do stuff to dads Camry. One day want to work on my Beetle it’s a never ending battle lol.

Just left Walmart. Had to get some electrical stuff for the lights on dads truck. Going back later to get a new coffee pot and some other stuff. I hate the ghetto Walmart lol. Had to get a two pack of lighters because they didn’t have a single lighter. We like the pocket lighters. They didn’t have any fancy ones either so had to settle for red lol.

Back