What are you doing right now?

Going to fix my hood prop rod and "stay" after finishing my hamburger.

And, to go OG BITOG.. The "Oil Udder," which is in the picture of the parts and I'll just use WD-40 to help it since that's what I have.. I have to say, I can change a filter quicker and easier without it. Thought of cutting the tip off it to turn it into an oil filter funnel since it otherwise just wells up even past the outside part.. so, I've never really used it, honestly. Especially on the EJ251 where it's just the easiest thing in the world to grab if it's not hot....

Whole mountain of parts except for the gasket kit ready to go on SRM5. https://www.nedautoparts.com/products/engine-master-gasket-kit-ej251-ej253-subaru-impreza-rs

20230808_162302.jpg

20230809_105418.jpg

Wow, Yankees and Red Sox the two bottom teams. Interesting.
Well, as a NYC turncoat and having worked at Citi field not Yankee stadium.. The Yankees sucked, always have, always had OK uniforms, but just.. no. Now the Boston Red Sox.. having worked just outside Fenway and as homage to The Town.. Go Red Sox! I should technically be a White Sox fan now. And yeah then there are the Cubs.

Spent the morning cleaning up some twigs, way too sore for what little work I did (3hr cutting branches by hand and then chainsaw). Didn't do much this afternoon... Just got home from dropping the car off at the garage to find out how they (and not me) will fix the exhaust leak. Back to car shopping, although can't look at anything tomorrow, as we'll go down to the Cape for some family fun at the beach.

Watching the St. Louis Cardinals @ Tampa Bay Rays. Go Rays. My coworker is also watching and he is a huge Cardinals fan so go Cardinals for him lol. Padres off tonight will begin a weekend series tomorrow in Phoenix against the Diamondbacks.

Surfing the webs

I just finished mowing and then shower. I decided to mow over the area where my last burn pile was. I should have taken a picture. Any part of me that was sweaty or sticky became instantly black from all the ash and char I kicked up as a very fine dust. Hilarious.............and nasty, Hope the weeds like it!

OH and the black dust swirl storm was HUGE!

Last edited:
Unwinding. Spent the day with the family--3hr down to the Cape, 2hr on the beach. Hour of mini-golf? Must have been 3 hours of fighting Boston traffic before we stopped for dinner out (TGIF's, it was ok), then hour to get home. I think this was our first family outing since COVID--all of us have been too busy with one thing or another for any sort of vacation, or otherwise my MIL is along for the ride, and it's just not quite the same.

Weird driving the wife's car. Made the mistake of parking and... not turning it off. You take away my key and I just don't know what to do--my caveman mind doesn't know what to do with buttons. To boot, I was sad to realize I'd drive several miles before realizing that the "service me soon" screen was on--and I hadn't noticed. I guess I truly get into the car and don't look at the dashboard, ever, at least not for a few miles. :(

Watching the Colorado Rockies @ Los Angeles Dodgers. Go Rockies. I despise the Dodgers lol. They are better than the Yankees but I don’t like them either way lol. The Rockies used to have a franchise here in Salem Virginia but the contract ran out and the Red Sox took over.

Watching the Atlanta Braves @ New York Mets game. Go Braves but I like Mets too I’ve been to Mets stadium before. It’s a really nice stadium.

Watching the Colorado Rockies @ Los Angeles Dodgers. Go Rockies. Almost ordered a Rockies hat tonight but they were out of the one I wanted. Ended up going with a Braves hat. And they are running a sale now too for 30% off so might order another one too.

Back