Washed salt off and cleaned the underside with an angled power washer tip:

Dirty Pilot.JPG
Clean Pilot.JPG

War-gaming out whether to:

Replace "Speed Racer Mach 5" with a mid-2000s Nissan Altima with the 2.5
Get said Altima and keep SRM5
Get said Altima and Pay SRM5 Forward
Get said Altima and Sell SRM5
Get said Altima and Put SRM5 for sale, maybe even a post here ??
Get Altima and keep SRM5 until verified good

Decisions, decisions.

It's not perfect. Oxidized paint on hood, small dent passenger rear quarter with functioning brake and blinker light that may need to be replaced anyway because the housing is broken on that side.. however, 71,000 miles on the engine. $1200.

2006. 2.5S.

Decisions, decisions.

Here. (I'd eventually tell everyone if I got it, anyway.)

To be, or not to be...

Screenshot_20230402-092523_Gallery.jpg

War-gaming out whether to:

Replace "Speed Racer Mach 5" with a mid-2000s Nissan Altima with the 2.5
Get said Altima and keep SRM5
Get said Altima and Pay SRM5 Forward
Get said Altima and Sell SRM5
Get said Altima and Put SRM5 for sale, maybe even a post here ??
Get Altima and keep SRM5 until verified good

Decisions, decisions.

It's not perfect. Oxidized paint on hood, small dent passenger rear quarter with functioning brake and blinker light that may need to be replaced anyway because the housing is broken on that side.. however, 71,000 miles on the engine. $1200.

2006. 2.5S.

Decisions, decisions.

Here. (I'd eventually tell everyone if I got it, anyway.)

To be, or not to be...

View attachment 148127
Small dent? That thing looks punched in hard on the rear fender

Small dent? That thing looks punched in hard on the rear fender

Well that's definitely the worst part of it. Fuel level gauge doesn't work, has me wondering where sender unit is and how it works. It's a nice color but it's not in spectacularly good shape cosmetically.

Looking hard to see if it is hiding something. Mechanicals are checking out good. I scanned it for codes.. This is what it said before I cleared them. Any red flags here? (And can any of these set during cranking with a low battery and/or running out gas) - P0138, P0340, P0455, P0462.

If any of these are spectacularly bad, maybe I'll just stick with what I got.

I cleared these, to see if any comes back. Seems to start smooth.. I was hoping to see another cold start before deciding.
Screenshot_20230402-114326_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230402-114524_Gallery.jpg

Decided to pass on the Nissan, half due to gut feeling and half due to advice given, half due to practicality of all circumstances.

Put out some water for the cat.

Eating a late night snack before work

Going to go put some gas in the car ⛽

Post-Fuel pump and filter we have:
20230403_025446.jpg

Last edited:
It's Thursday and I got the whole afternoon off. I'm trying to decide what to do. Oh I know. I'll hop in the roadster and go for a little drive into the blue. What trouble is going to find me? Maybe I'll get some Chinese take-out - the bestest food in the whole wide world. 😉

Watching grass getting green and daffodils growing like weeds . Earlier I think I spotted a flycatcher . Heard Spring Peepers for past few nights . So loud you could heard them through the fan exhaust vent .

Allegedly spring is on the way. Most of the week was -20c ambient over night and barely hitting single digits during the day. Today we have a windchill they say feels like -17. I call BS as -17 is shorts weather, this wind cuts right into you and burns the face. Supposed to be bringing the warm weather in....

Earlier in the week the sun was out, ground thawing, gophers running around and -20. Still waiting for global warming to come help us prairie folk out.

Seeing as its balmy out, I have a chicken brining that will visit the Traeger this afternoon.

Reminding myself that the company I work for has free LinkedIn learning, and that I ought to be expanding my mind by increasing my skillset and knowledge.

[but I'm reading BITOG instead. That's like the same thing, right?]

Back