What about Bob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last I heard he joined the Russian space program and spent some time on the ISS. Married a woman in Kazakhstan and been missing ever since.

Oh boy here we go.

I think he sold the website to someone else (Tony) and rode off into the sunset (allegedly Florida) and then Tony passed and his wife (Helen) keeps the site alive. Helen is as far as I know not from Kazakhstan...

But I’ll probably read on here next year (or later this year) that Bob was an astronaut ...

Amazing! I am as shocked as when I discovered the whole story of Abraham in 2012.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Last I heard he joined the Russian space program and spent some time on the ISS. Married a woman in Kazakhstan and been missing ever since.

Ran in to him at the airport in Tashkent, Uzbekistan. He had a black briefcase cuflinked to his wrist.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
been missing ever since.

I heard he was throwing a code P0300.

Just got off the phone with him. He was having a good laugh about everyone's comments.

He is coming over tomorrow afternoon to help change my oil.
grin.gif

Speaking of missing people, did you all notice that StevieC made a huge come back recently and poof! Now he is gone?

He's still around, I sent him a Facebook message a few weeks ago and he replied with his phone number telling me to give him a call sometime (I just haven't gotten around to it yet) I don't think he's a Schaeffer Oil rep anymore though. When he was involved with the board we used to talk on the phone once in a while, he's quite a knowledgeable guy.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Speaking of missing people, did you all notice that StevieC made a huge come back recently and poof! Now he is gone?

I think it's strange how people try to make a dramatic exit from the site, starting a thread which proclaims their departure ---- as if it's some major decision in their lives. If someone wants to not be a part of this site anymore for whatever reason, then all he has to do is simply not login anymore.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
Originally Posted By: GMBoy

I think it's strange how people try to make a dramatic exit from the site, starting a thread which proclaims their departure ---- as if it's some major decision in their lives. If someone wants to not be a part of this site anymore for whatever reason, then all he has to do is simply not login anymore.

+1 I too always thought that odd behavior, perhaps self absorbed another explanation. In Steve's case it was like Deja vu all over again. He did very similar at least one other time after going away for awhile. When he posted his most recent come back thread I wondered to myself how long he would last this time. He did rack up some posts in that relatively short time frame though. Like a comet across the sky, only in this case, a comet across bitog.

As for topic, all I'll say is excellent movie IMO.

While not an announced or dramatic departure, the strangest message board exit I've seen was on Bimmerfest (E39 subforum). There was a female poster there that went by the name of BlueBee, and she was like an archivist while being very hands on with her 5 series (even bought the tools to mount and unmount her own tires). She was involved in a lot of threads, adding links and cross references and then suddenly vanished. Apparently she had made a post at one point referring to dealing with her demise, so many have assumed the worst. It's a shame and she is still missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back