What about a group buy program???????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I agree now that a 200 gallon purchase is not that much. I kinda threw the idea out as an impulse idea based on past clubs I belonged to. I really had not given the whole thing alot of thought. I was just woundering if their was any interest. You would have to designate someone to do the negoiateing. You would also have to pick a weight and that would be that. I know I would probably start with 5W40 if I had to pick one weight. The 5W40 is thin enough to satify thin oil guys (5wt)oil but it has a film strength at temp of a (40wt)to satify hydrodynamic film freaks like myself. It could be used in light duty diesels (noncomercial),marine,agriculture,turbo and gas'ers. While it might not be anyones first choice it is the ultimate comprimise!! THis is also a contributeing factor for me mentioning Delvac 1 in the other thread. It too is a comprimise oil that thin and thick oil lovers can meet on in the middle!

Right now this is just idle talk. We should probably ask BOB for his thoughts on this idea since it is his site!

This might be a bit off topic, but I thought it was funny:

I run a small german car shop and have all my customer run M1 or Redline. I called a few of my local mobil oil distributors asking for a price on (100) cases of M1 5w-30. NONE of the distributors could beat the case price I get at my local Costco/BJs...
dunno.gif

-Mike P

I believe I can get Synergyn racing oil(any weight they sell)for $4.92 per quart in case (12 qt.)Purchases. Free delivery (again case purchases). We need 20 cases sold. Let me know

You know guys, I have a great idea. You could all pitch in and send me to Europe and I could negotiate a great deal on a large quantity of your choice of primo European spec synthetic like Total Quartz 9000 or Aral Supertronic or Elf Excellium and then I could...
rolleyes.gif
I could...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
I could...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
how come I get the impression you all aren't buying into this?

sbc350, a poll would be an excellent idea. if we could poll say 15-20 motor oils see who wants what the most, and close that poll, and make a new one with the top 5, and chose one out of that top 5.

good idea man.

quote:

Originally posted by Tyrolkid:
This might be a bit off topic, but I thought it was funny:

I run a small german car shop and have all my customer run M1 or Redline. I called a few of my local mobil oil distributors asking for a price on (100) cases of M1 5w-30. NONE of the distributors could beat the case price I get at my local Costco/BJs...
dunno.gif

-Mike P

Take a look at Schaeffer's oil. The #701 5W-30, #703 10W-30, and #705 20W-50 beats Mobil 1 (Mobil's ACEA-A1 vs. Schaeffer's ACEA-A3) and will cost you $2.80/qt for an eight 12-quart case order of same or mixed viscosities with free freight. (Group buy?...shipped to one address.) Or, mix it up with #204S ATF, #267 80W-90 gear oil, #190 Penetro 90 penetrating oil and light lube, or #266 Citrol biodegradable citrus degreaser. Contact Bob for more info.

Ken

[ July 12, 2003, 11:51 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

I really don't want to offend anyone, as schaeffer's oil are probably excellent, but I prefer to try full synthetics (I assume the bobzoil are blends). Although I am very interested in trying that neutra stuff. You guys all seem to rave over it. You don't have to buy it in 5-gallon buckets do you?

[ July 13, 2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: sbc350gearhead ]

sbc350gearhead,

Keep in mind that there is a range of quality in synthetic oils and also a range in quality in petro oils. Just because an oil is synthetic, whether Group III highly processed petroleum or Group IV PAO does not necessarily mean that it's the best available synthetic. Nor does a petroleum oil mean that it's the same as the lowest cost petroleum oils.

I think that someone here will be able to point you to analyses of Schaeffer's blends that are superior to many full synthetics, and probably some petro oils that are superior to some common brands of syn blends.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back