Wendys spicy chicken nuggets.

If you like spicy fast food the McCrispy can be had in a spicy version and it’s actually pretty decent!

I love spice but no one ever makes it hot enough. Remember that Dunkin’ Donuts ghost pepper donut. Lame. Now i have to try these nuggets

My Granny, an exceptional cook, explained to me when I was 5-6 that spices were for those who can't cook and need them to cover up the fact they aren't good cooks and can't bring out the actual flavors. As usual, she was correct.

When it comes to fast food, probably. But what would food like Indian food which is absolutely delicious be without spices?

I think their spicy nuggets are just okay. I make my own spicy nuggets.

- Mix 1 cup of buttermilk, 1 egg, and 1 tbsp garlic powder to form a marinade. Cut chicken breasts up into equal sized nuggets and soak them in the buttermilk marinade for 2-3 hours, preferably overnight.

- Mix the breading...
-- 1-1/2 cups flour
-- 1 cup bread crumbs
-- 1 tbsp cornstarch
-- 1 tsp baking soda
-- 2 tbsp cracked black pepper
-- 1 tbsp salt
-- 1 tbsp paprika
-- 1 tbsp garlic powder
-- 1 tbsp onion powder
-- 1 tbsp cayenne pepper

- Use 3/4 cup buttermilk as the dredge. Coat chicken nuggets in the flour mix, in the dredge, back to the flour mix, and then on a rack to stand at least 15 minutes.

- Canola oil, heated to 350°F, drop in the nuggets until they're a nice crispy brown all around.

If you want a milder version, just leave out the cayenne pepper.

They were awful! I hate spicy foods that make my head sweat,nose run then throw up! Why someone would actually think something that spicy is the least bit edible is beyond me .
It’s a stupid macho thing. Only a real man can eat a bowl of ghost pepper chili, yet because it’s so hot, he can’t taste the flavors, if any. Either that or it’s chefs trying disguise their poor cooking skills by adding so much heat that you can’t tell how tasteless the food is.

I love spice but no one ever makes it hot enough. Remember that Dunkin’ Donuts ghost pepper donut. Lame. Now i have to try these nuggets
Only in this county do people associate spicy with HOT. No. Spicy means full of spices to give it added flavor. That doesn’t mean it has to be hot.

Something equally delicious, if prepared by the proper cooks, but tasting like itself and not overwhelmed by all those spices?
You try and make cauliflower taste good without any spices. Someone that can combine a half dozen spices and create something that tastes great is an artist.

It’s a stupid macho thing. Only a real man can eat a bowl of ghost pepper chili, yet because it’s so hot, he can’t taste the flavors, if any. Either that or it’s chefs trying disguise their poor cooking skills by adding so much heat that you can’t tell how tasteless the food is.

Only in this county do people associate spicy with HOT. No. Spicy means full of spices to give it added flavor. That doesn’t mean it has to be hot.
You’d be surprised when you’ve got the right spices. If you ever go to Key West, visit Peppers of Key West; they have about 1500 hot sauces and you can try a large amount of them for free. There are some hot sauces that are more painful that drinking fresh battery acid and you can literally taste the pain; there are also sauces just as hot that instead have a multitude of flavors as they cook your tongue. Hot flavor & spice is fine; I leave the battery acids for those with less discerning palates… 😎

There are some hot sauces that are more painful that drinking fresh battery acid and you can literally taste the pain; there are also sauces just as hot that instead have a multitude of flavors as they cook your tongue.
What's the point other than showing off to friends how tough you are? Normal people avoid pain inducing items.

What's the point other than showing off to friends how tough you are? Normal people avoid pain inducing items.
I thought the same thing until I visited Belize in summer. Literally the only condiment they had was habanero sauce; at first I was skittish but the locals reassured me it was a good thing. As long as you’re consuming enough water, the spices crank your sweating to max and actually helps to cool you off. 👍🏻

Back