Well, take 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continuing this topic http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1402116#Post1402116
...without the political stuff.

The guy who sold me this unit was quite cool. I made two trips to WM and talked to two different guys, both older fellas who seem to know their stuff. Much like the old guy at the hardware store who knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, these are the kinds of guys who offer the extra value in the sale.

He said it would be a great self defense weapon and fine on the shooting range for shooting targets. That's fine by me! He talked about how this model is good turkey hunting but that's not something I'm into.

What would be a good cleaning interval? Every 50-100 rounds?

You theoretically should clean it after every use, and I did when I first get any gun, but after awhile, that goes away!

The 870, being essentially a single action design, will stand up to lack of maintenance that things like gas operated full auto guns and semi-auto pistols won't.

That's usually why the punk ganstas out there have their pistols jam. They never clean them!

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Continuing this topic http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1402116#Post1402116
...without the political stuff.

The guy who sold me this unit was quite cool. I made two trips to WM and talked to two different guys, both older fellas who seem to know their stuff. Much like the old guy at the hardware store who knows EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING, these are the kinds of guys who offer the extra value in the sale.

He said it would be a great self defense weapon and fine on the shooting range for shooting targets. That's fine by me! He talked about how this model is good turkey hunting but that's not something I'm into.

What would be a good cleaning interval? Every 50-100 rounds?

How much was it?

Nice choice, should last a lifetime. I have 2 older Wingmasters and newer Express and I've never had a problem with any of them. As far as cleaning goes, as stated above, clean after each session.

Man that last thread got locked with the quickness.
spankme2.gif

I paid $257. It was a bit more than the Mossberg but it seemed more solid and more well-built.

They had tons of ammo, picked up a box of 100 for $22.

Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to clean it after every use. It's amazing how easy it is to remove the barrel.

Very nice price. Remington makes a great shotgun cleaner in a spray can. Check that out, and Remington Remoil.

Congrats on the purchase. Nothing says leave my house like the sound of a pump action racking a load. I have two of them, one like yours and one highly illegal. The one like yours has shot everything from turkey, squirrel, quail, and deer. As has been said, clean it after every use and wipe it down after you handle it while showing friends.

My apologies if I removed some worthwhile content while removing objectionable parts of this thread. Please continue where you left off.
34.gif

At $257 it sounds like you got the 870 Express. Be aware that the Express is EXTREMELY vulnerable to rusting. I've had 3 of them and if you aren't careful you can ruin the finish.

The design is just about bombproof. They can lay in the mud of a duck blind and never quit functioning. Sweat from a hot summer day at the range will leave rust spots before you get gome. Shooting in humid/wet weather will leave the same rust spots.

Don't wait to get home to wipe the metal down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back