SCOOTO 3-Wheelers from 1970s

Grew up in small-town Michigan. During the seventies, every family had one or more toys.
I had a couple mini-bikes, go kart and a 1973 Honda ATC 90. However, this is about a rare bird
that about four families had. Called a SCOOTO, it had two front wheels (with lawn tractor tires)
You then sat on a platform (with small vinyl cushion) over a large 14" wide Chevron drive tire.
It had a BS or Tecumseh drive engine, The steering was a T-bar, throttle right, brake left.
Just talked to one of these guys who had one, tonight. He's been looking for one out on the web, nada.
Has anyone out there ever seen or heard of these? Ever? We don't know if they were factory produced or a Popular Mechanics
kit that was consumer built. out here searching for answers!

You are correct. Hardest things out there to find a trace of. I'm not giving up, but it's an uphill battle. I want to find one somewhere! Might try ATV Trader site again. Other than that ???

Usually one can find at least something online, but you're right: there seems to be nothing. Makes me wonder if you are remembering the brand name (or spelling) wrong. It's certainly easy to do, especially when many years have passed. Good luck in your search...sounds like a neat little machine.

One more thought: have you looked to see if there are any Facebook groups devoted to vintage ATVs? Seems like there are groups for pretty much everything.

Back