Well, my stash just hit 100 quarts. Is that a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have about 80 qts now.
I haven't bought oil for the last 4yrs.
I got 5 cases of Smittys free and cleaned out at WM all their Nexgen for .50 a qt a few yrs ago.
I am set for yrs now.
I can't turn down free or almost free.
If a new hot oil comes out,oh well,oil is oil to me.
Never had an oil related engine problem so my way works for me.

Seems like the best we can do in Western Canada is about $16 or $17 US per jug. I never see those "almost free" deals. And that is with the current $7 to $10 dollars discounts. If anyone sees some freebies, let us know.

I currently have enough oil for all of 2018.

Last edited:
You can't beat 38 "blistering" quarts of Idemitsu 0w-20, *the* current OEM for honda of Canada and current Mazda and Subaru! And all on Clearance!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: VQLT
How do you arrange your oil stash? by weight, brand, API? I have about 80 quarts currently

It's a tie between brand and weight and tie goes to the runner.

How do you arrange your oil stash? by weight, brand, API? I have about 80 quarts currently

I have them arranged by weight. Within that, I group the same brands together. Also, any time I have like half a quart or less I dump it into a 5 quart container I keep for that purpose and use it for top up oil or for my lawnmower.

Brand, and by weight within the brand (if I have different weights).

Such a first world problem, I know.

The euphoria of landing an elite oil at rock bottom prices is a feeling like no other. That is the point for all of those reading that have yet to strike one of these AAP or even AZ clearances. I got 38 quarts of Idemitsu 0w-20 and yes this is the one with the KV100 in the mid 8s but their use of awesome VIIs helps also. Good HT/HS of 2.6 as mandated minimum for this classification. The funny thing is I have yet to use it cause I still got a dealer freebie but I am seriously in jeopardy of using it as I just have to see the magic of synthetic oil with synthetic media (Fram Ultra) in action. The last time I did this with QSUD 10w30, the magic was palpable.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike
The euphoria of landing an elite oil at rock bottom prices is a feeling like no other. That is the point for all of those reading that have yet to strike one of these AAP or even AZ clearances. I got 38 quarts of Idemitsu 0w-20 and yes this is the one with the KV100 in the mid 8s but their use of awesome VIIs helps also. Good HT/HS of 2.6 as mandated minimum for this classification. The funny thing is I have yet to use it cause I still got a dealer freebie but I am seriously in jeopardy of using it as I just have to see the magic of synthetic oil with synthetic media (Fram Ultra) in action. The last time I did this with QSUD 10w30, the magic was palpable.

Very true. We all like to get a great deal! It is like walking up to a shoe clearance and finding a brand new pair of Nikes in your size for $10. How could you NOT buy them? That's how I am with qt name brand synthetic oil. I can't pass it up at that price because I know I'll use it, just like I know I'll eventually wear the Nikes even if I don't currently need a new pair. :)

Last edited:
Current rough estimate on my stock is 95 quarts. It sounds way less neurotic if you just call it 23.75 gallons.

Also have 6 cars, a Ford Tractor and two mowers. And a bunch of small equipment.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike[b
]The euphoria of landing an elite oil at rock bottom prices is a feeling like no other.

[/b] That is the point for all of those reading that have yet to strike one of these AAP or even AZ clearances. I got 38 quarts of Idemitsu 0w-20 and yes this is the one with the KV100 in the mid 8s but their use of awesome VIIs helps also. Good HT/HS of 2.6 as mandated minimum for this classification. The funny thing is I have yet to use it cause I still got a dealer freebie but I am seriously in jeopardy of using it as I just have to see the magic of synthetic oil with synthetic media (Fram Ultra) in action. The last time I did this with QSUD 10w30, the magic was palpable.

Unbelievable.......

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I like getting bargains but some of you guys have a very unhealthy view on this.
Disturbing.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: HondaBroMike[b
]The euphoria of landing an elite oil at rock bottom prices is a feeling like no other.

[/b] That is the point for all of those reading that have yet to strike one of these AAP or even AZ clearances. I got 38 quarts of Idemitsu 0w-20 and yes this is the one with the KV100 in the mid 8s but their use of awesome VIIs helps also. Good HT/HS of 2.6 as mandated minimum for this classification. The funny thing is I have yet to use it cause I still got a dealer freebie but I am seriously in jeopardy of using it as I just have to see the magic of synthetic oil with synthetic media (Fram Ultra) in action. The last time I did this with QSUD 10w30, the magic was palpable.

Unbelievable.......

Yes every time I go into AZ all they have is prices I won't pay a couple months ago I stopped going in their store it was a waste of time.

Have you tried the Mobil rebate with AZ? AZ is not on their list of vendors to buy from. I know some oil companies will honor it anyway.

Just counted. I’m at 22 qts. Enough for a year of OCs in our two cars. 12 of those are Castrol 0W-30 @ $5.50/qt. A bargain these days.

I'm going from memory but I have around 165 quarts (give or take a couple) sitting in my stash. A combination of Valvoline Full Synthetic with MaxLife, Valvoline MaxLife Blend red bottle, Mobil 1 HM, Super Tech Synthetic and multiple cases of Brad Penn Penn Grade 1 racing oil. I'm running a little low and need to pickup some more.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back