Washing microfibers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any soap without fabric softener and no dryer sheets when drying. Also purchase good towels from The Rag Company.

Originally Posted by Cujet
My microfibers don't seem to release the grit and debris when washed. I have to be really careful not to use them to polish the cars

Never had one yet that didn't clean up well using Woolite.

Originally Posted by gregk24
Wash and dry on normal cycles with normal detergent. They work fine for years.

This. No reason to treat them any differently than anything else that gets washed in the washer...

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
My microfibers don't seem to release the grit and debris when washed. I have to be really careful not to use them to polish the cars

I just waxed my wife's car this past Sunday and like the last time, I used just a bit of Woolite in the bathroom sink with warm/hot warmer, squeezed, rung, repeated a couple times and the microfiber wax pad came out super clean again.

My wife grabbed the bottle of Collinite 845 by the lid that I had setting inside keeping warm (my mistake) just on a little side table beside our couch the other day. Needless to say the lid popped off and 845 insulator wax got all over the side of our couch when it fell from her hand. She was not impressed!! I grabbed the premixed bottle of Woolite and water that I made up to clean her leather seats and sprayed it liberally on those splash spots. I was nervous as the couch is a soft plush brownish material but the woolite/water took it right out with a dampened wash cloth.
thankyou2.gif

Needless to say, I won't be keeping the wax there again to keep it warm!
blush.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by irv

I just waxed my wife's car this past Sunday and like the last time, I used just a bit of Woolite in the bathroom sink with warm/hot warmer, squeezed, rung, repeated a couple times and the microfiber wax pad came out super clean again.

My wife grabbed the bottle of Collinite 845 by the lid that I had setting inside keeping warm (my mistake) just on a little side table beside our couch the other day. Needless to say the lid popped off and 845 insulator wax got all over the side of our couch when it fell from her hand. She was not impressed!! I grabbed the premixed bottle of Woolite and water that I made up to clean her leather seats and sprayed it liberally on those splash spots. I was nervous as the couch is a soft plush brownish material but the woolite/water took it right out with a dampened wash cloth.
thankyou2.gif

Glad to help.

Yeah...Woolite has always worked to get any wax/cleaner/polish/etc. out of microfiber towels through a regular warm water washing. They come out clean/soft like new, and leave behind no residue.

I make my own laundry detergent. For grease and wax 1/3rd to 1/2 cup of ammonia gets it out. My detergent or an over the counter one, either way the ammonia will provide the extra cleaning to get rid of any residue.

No softener but vinegar in the rinse water

All Free detergent, hot water, extra rinse cycle. Dry on low.

I use the WalMart cheapies on (glass and wheels only), the super plush drying towels WalMart also sells, and several different types from The Rag Co. They ALL leave fibers behind on the glass.

Regular application of Rain-X reduces the friction on the surface and I get less "linting" that way.

Originally Posted by irv

thankyou2.gif

blush.gif

Fill up a large cup with HOT water. Insert Collinite 845 in water. Be sure cap is on. Shake well. Takes about 1 minute and you are ready to wax.

Originally Posted by user52165
Originally Posted by irv

thankyou2.gif

blush.gif

Fill up a large cup with HOT water. Insert Collinite 845 in water. Be sure cap is on. Shake well. Takes about 1 minute and you are ready to wax.

I knew that but I brought them in from the garage in anticipation of waxing a vehicle the next day so I wanted to give it a head start. The next day turned out to be a no go due to the weather so instead of putting the wax in another location, I just left it there until my wife decided she was tired of looking at it.
spankme2.gif

When I finally got around to waxing her car it was cool/cold out so plunked it in some hot water before heading outside just to ensure it was at the consistency of milk. While outside, I also had that same cup filled with hot water that I'd plunk it back into waiting for some panels to dry.

Imo, the lids on these bottles could be a bit better. This isn't the first time a lid has come off on me from just grabbing the bottle from there. Obviously I don't grab them by there myself anymore, but I also dropped one one time at a real short distance and the lid came off again, which I thought no way it should have it from the short distance it fell.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back