Washer and Dryer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fdcg27
This is complete nonsense.
I have never liked shopping HD or Lowes, although they generally have what I need for household repairs/replacements.
Based upon your experience, I will never buy anything from HD that I can't take home with me from the store on the day I actually make the purchase.
Not only did they take your money, they then also failed to complete their side of the contract.
Here is a major American retailer behaving in a way the average used car lot, or even drug dealer, wouldn't dream of doing.

On Monday I have to work. But after that I'm off until the 2nd week of January. If this is not resolved to 100% satisfaction by (this) Monday - I will spend enough of that time and resources seeking all legal remedies that HD will be wishing I was never born.

you know I forgot about this. but my sister bought my dad a dishwasher from lowe's or home depot about 15 years ago. I can't remember which store, but it was one of them. the guys to install it, they didn't show up to actually install it for several weeks. it was redunkulous.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
you know I forgot about this. but my sister bought my dad a dishwasher from lowe's or home depot about 15 years ago. I can't remember which store, but it was one of them. the guys to install it, they didn't show up to actually install it for several weeks. it was redunkulous.

Had to be HD. Should have known "we only deliver to Duvall on odd Thursdays" was a clue!!

I too am a proponent of SPEED QUEEN.

After reading this thread, If it's not too late, get your money.... and go give SPEED QUEEN a chance.
My wife wanted a replacement for her 20 year old top loading Maytag, and when I asked the sales folks at the appliance store which sold Maytag, GE, almost all varieties.... their response was SPEED QUEEN... built like a tank relative to everything today.

After three years of use, we can't be happier.

Based on my Lowes dishwasher installation experience, hard to see HD being worse. First installer never showed up, then when I complained they refused to come. So, another had to came later, but it was far from a satisfactory experience.

As for the credit card charge, one call to the cc company and a dispute will be started and an immediate hold should be placed on the charge. Little chance that HD will get to keep the money if they failed to deliver on goods and/or services.

I will reassert my original comment and encourage the use of an indy, local dealer and take a look at Speed Queen. At HD you are not really dealing with any stakeholders.

A local dealer near where I work has been in business since 1912 and a Lowes and Home Depot opened 15 years ago within 5 miles and the appliance dealer is still in business. Good chance they are not selling junk and treating people right.

Your business to HD is worth losing to them since there are hoards of others that will accept bad service for the sake of low cost; really trying to swim upstream on this one.

Last edited:
These places will do anything to "make the sale", even deliver the wrong piece if they don't have the right piece in stock.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
I don't really care for H.D cheap junk at high prices and I hate Best buy I don't feel I get any value in doing busisness with them.

+1. HD is the EEO "Quota King", in that they get every gender, color and type, and they are all equally as worthless and unknowledgable. Heaven forbid they hire someone that actually knows something - so long as every type of person is represented. They just need minions in orange aprons walking around without a clue.

Best buy I generally call "worst buy" because they refuse to price match, wont consider Amazon pricing, dont carry items beyond consumer grade garbage (went there the other day for a flatbed scanner and all they have is junk all in one devices), and while some of the blue shirts try to be friendly, I find most of them are full of only half-truths. While more knowledgeable on their products than the HD idiots, that's not saying much.

Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
I mentioned Speed Queen on the first page, very well made machines.
I was at the Speed queen factory in the early 70s picking up a load of washers and dryers. I think it was at the time in Ripon Wisconsin . I really don't know why that sticks in my head.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Fully installed and on load 10 or something. We had a LOT of dirty laundry.

Got my refund from HD.

Refund for what? Did you still buy from them?

edit:I see, a Sears purchase.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DT466E_bus
Well, eh..they sorta done you right...
Sears is a good store. IMO.

Well we had to ASK HD for our refund after they canceled our order without telling us.....nothing RIGHT about that!
shocked.gif

Sears were quick and had our product. The delivery guys showed up and didn't have the gas hose that came with the deal so they weren't gonna hook the dryer up that also came with the deal. I wasn't home - but the wife said use the hose that is there - it's about 5 years old. Guy said he can't do that.....but since the hose looked fine he hooked it up....we now need a refund from Sears for the hose I guess....

Getting on a slightly off topic regarding detergent, I started making our own HE detergent a few years ago. Doesn't have the [censored] with teh stuff we would buy nor the smell. Cleans quite well.

Originally Posted By: powayroger
Getting on a slightly off topic regarding detergent, I started making our own HE detergent a few years ago. Doesn't have the [censored] with teh stuff we would buy nor the smell. Cleans quite well.

Lay the formula on us.

fwiw i have a set of whirlpool duet front loaders and we are very happy with them. after 1 year of 8 loads a week no probs whatsoever. my parents have a set of whirlpool top loaders that are prolly 10 years old and have done 12-15 loads every week for that time with no problems, its the only brand they will ever buy same here! we first went to home depot and was ready to walk out that day with a set and the guy said we cant deliver them for 10 days, ok i said i'll just take them with me today he said we dont actually stock them here they come from our distributor, i said thank u and we went to hhgregg!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: jdh
fwiw i have a set of whirlpool duet front loaders and we are very happy with them. after 1 year of 8 loads a week no probs whatsoever. my parents have a set of whirlpool top loaders that are prolly 10 years old and have done 12-15 loads every week for that time with no problems, its the only brand they will ever buy same here! we first went to home depot and was ready to walk out that day with a set and the guy said we cant deliver them for 10 days, ok i said i'll just take them with me today he said we dont actually stock them here they come from our distributor, i said thank u and we went to hhgregg!
\

And home depot sucks because of this why? Because they don't have room to keep every single model of washer and dryer, refridgerator in stock? News flash- Most stores don't actually have a big warehouse, they are rather limited in what they keep in them, they don't have football fields worth of stuff. To say that home depot sucks because of this is just being "one of those" customers.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
The delivery guys showed up and didn't have the gas hose that came with the deal so they weren't gonna hook the dryer up that also came with the deal. I wasn't home - but the wife said use the hose that is there - it's about 5 years old. Guy said he can't do that.....but since the hose looked fine he hooked it up....we now need a refund from Sears for the hose I guess....

Going off topic a bit. Both the appliance and hose mfg. manuals state to never re-use the old flexible gas line connector with a new appliance.

Is this just a cya policy or is there a real (functional) reason? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back