Washer and Dryer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GenSan
Goodluck with the LG.

Kenmore top load is nearing its 19th year of service and I'm just waiting for its last load and then I'll compare the Koreans (LG & Samsung) to the Germans (Miele) for our next Washer/Dryer.

thumbsup2.gif
thats about how long ours made it,,Kenmore junk!

OK, I hate to write this, I know the fate gods will punish me immediately with dryer failure, still....

Our Kenmore (gas) dryer was purchased new in 1968. It has raised children, exchange students, grandchildren, ski team costumes, whatever. It is drying my shirts as I type this.

Still, I have repaired it. First time the belt failed, went to Sears, parts lady gave it to me, said "do you want an idler pulley too?". Heck no..... all the way home wondering why she said that. Look underneath, closer this time, dang the idler pulley is totally shot, the center is worn badly and it wobbles all over....back to Sears.... same woman... dang!

Years later the igniter failed, all the winding fell down around the base and shorted it out, had to buy a new igniter and the igniter switch, both parts were cheap.

And a couple of drum wheels in the back to quiet it down.

Maybe 75 dollars total??

I will shop at Sears next time also...or at Whirlpool, our Kenmore is a Whirlpool in disguise.

You guys will not believe this.

Today is was supposed to be delivery day. No show. Wife calls.
Oh - our "order has been canceled in store". By who? When? "Bob - last week". Why didn't you contact us? "Don't know."

Check credit card. No refund.

I cannot type any further without using profanity.

OK I'll try.

I can only surmise Home Despot sold us a product they don't have and I guess they had no intention of refunding the money until we insisted.

Isn't that called theft if I pull a stunt like that?

Wife was in tears. I must have idiot printed on my forehead.

Sanity runs strong....for I own guns......

No joke. I would not joke about such a thing, and I'm not sure why you find it funny.

My wife went partially up the food chain at corporate. They are supposedly sending us a $300 gift card. We shall see. I was busy all day, but tomorrow I, at least, will be getting to the VP of ops. Yeah I guess Home Depot IS a joke.

Originally Posted By: Pablo
No joke. I would not joke about such a thing, and I'm not sure why you find it funny.

My wife went partially up the food chain at corporate. They are supposedly sending us a $300 gift card. We shall see. I was busy all day, but tomorrow I, at least, will be getting to the VP of ops. Yeah I guess Home Depot IS a joke.

Pabs im on your side chill man,,anyway i find it funny/unbelievable because they actually think they could get away with it?

let us know...

I won't shop at Home Despot anymore because of some of the causes they support (same as with GE). I go Lowes, Sears, or Best Buy. What they did in your situation is pretty bad. And to think they thought they could get away with cancelling your order but still taking your money...

Originally Posted By: daman

Pabs im on your side chill man,,anyway i find it funny/unbelievable because they actually think they could get away with it?

let us know...

I know - just hard to chill right now.

I mainly think they are incompetent. Maybe - just how long before they had to refund our money?? I had to ASK for the refund over the phone during my busy schedule AND give them my card #. That guy got all testy because I was prizzed.

They can't even sell appliances. Wow. That's pretty bad. How hard can it be?

I under stand i'd be HOT too!!

i would be getting to the top of this problem(corporate)like your said you wife is doing,thats [censored].

i see they had appliances on sale got tons of emails on it,boy i wonder how many other people got screwed?

I never thought too deeply about Home Despot. Just grab and go, kinda deal with them. Irritated in the store at times....but never angry enough to research them. I figured a W and D, how could they screw that up??

So I did a little web surfing...WOWSER....they have a LOT of complaints. How can a company be THAT bad. Amazing.

This is the light stuff: http://www.homedepotsucks.org

Originally Posted By: wallyuwl
I won't shop at Home Despot anymore because of some of the causes they support (same as with GE). I go Lowes, Sears, or Best Buy. What they did in your situation is pretty bad. And to think they thought they could get away with cancelling your order but still taking your money...

I see what you mean. Let's get the word out. DON'T SHOP AT HOME DEPOT!!

Home Depot and Lowes are my favorite weekend stores, no problems dealing with them, bet you guys ride the Wal Mart band wagon also
lol.gif

When I bought my home 14 years ago I bought a very basic laundry pair at best buy for $600. 14 years later not a single repair burp or concern. The brand was White Westinghouse. Made by White Consilidated Industries. The salesperson(18 years old) was told to tell everyone that you will only get 4 or 5 years max out of these. Sometimes you win , sometimes you get the shaft.

My bargain basement GE's from Sears I bought in '05 have never had so much as a hiccup. They were under $600 for the pair!

Originally Posted By: Malo83
Home Depot and Lowes are my favorite weekend stores, no problems dealing with them, bet you guys ride the Wal Mart band wagon also
lol.gif

Relevance?

WalMart is a rare adventure for me. But they have never bent me over.

BTW still no money credited.

I don't really care for H.D cheap junk at high prices and I hate Best buy I don't feel I get any value in doing busisness with them.

We had the washer go out a while back and went looking.
We bought a Speedqueen.
You don't find these in 10 best and all those reviews they are commercial but are surprisingly priced in the range of high end home owner stuff.
Made in Wisconsin,all metal gear train stainless drums,big warranty.

I have never seen washer vibrate less on the spin cycle than this one,it is near silent.You really need to see one of these in operation to believe it.

I bought them for my rental properties once i saw how good they are and added coin boxes to them and the dryers.

http://www.speedqueen.com/home/

We didn't check out Speedqueen unfortunately. Thanks, though.

UPDATE: Still NO refund dollars from Home Despot. They still have our money!

Wife went to Sears. She bagged the idea of a front loader for two reasons: small capacity and inability to add that dropped pair of undies when the cycle just starts.

She settled on this:

http://www.lg.com/us/appliances/washers/LG-WT5001CW.jsp

http://www.lg.com/us/appliances/dryers/LG-gas-dryer-DLG5002W.jsp

Will be delivered on Monday. Sears would have delivered on Sunday for $10. Sears pulled out all the deals in the book. Compared to all the prices online, wife got a screaming deal. Amazing - not so hard to sell appliances...

+1 on the Speed Queen.
We had a used one when we first bought our house.
I did have to put a new pump in it, but other than that, it worked so well that we replaced it with a $200.00 very basic Speed Queen washer in 1995.
That one is still going strong with no repairs of any kind.

This is complete nonsense.
I have never liked shopping HD or Lowes, although they generally have what I need for household repairs/replacements.
Based upon your experience, I will never buy anything from HD that I can't take home with me from the store on the day I actually make the purchase.
Not only did they take your money, they then also failed to complete their side of the contract.
Here is a major American retailer behaving in a way the average used car lot, or even drug dealer, wouldn't dream of doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back