Walmart out of Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I was in Walmart tonight and they had a huge sign on the shelves where the M1 section is (which was almost empty),and was bascally a letter from Exxon Mobil apologizing for the M1 shortage (due to Ike),thanking all it`s customers.

Same here. A fair amount of Mobil 5000, 3 5qt containers of Mobil 1 5w-20, but that's about it. Plenty of other alternatives available however and I currently have about a year's supply on hand.

I was at Napa today, and they have some gallon jugs of M1 left. Not many though. I talked to the guy there, and they've been told that production shortages will last around a year or so.

I went to my China*Mart today. Saw some missing teeth, mullets, and screamin' kids. It kinda breaks my heart to see the store all bright and girlie these days. Boy, I wish they still had the snack bar.
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Both of the Walmart's that I've been in lately have had a full stock of 0W-30 AFE.

Why isn't this a more popular oil?

Because everyone knows that 0W30 is thinner than water and will destroy your engine within a minute if you use it. If you didn't know that, the "helpful" person behind the register will inform you.

Lots of misinformation out there...

Allocated......

Saw the signs up yesterday at Walmart.

Looked like the 5 qt. jugs in 0W-30 and 5W-30 were gone.

10W-30 and the extend performance varieties are still there.

Anything was available in the single quart packaging.

Got enough in the stash to get through next summer.

Maybe Mobil 1 will have to put on some good sales promotions to regain their market share from the other brands.

I found 5w30 Mobil 1 EP today and picked up 6 quarts. I also saw 10w30m1 in singles and 5qt jug. They were still out of many weights, however, in jugs and in singles. 10w30 stock was in good shape, though.

New AZ opened up near by and they had all grades of M1. Little pricey there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back