Walmart out of Mobil 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me it does not matter at all if Wal-Mart is out of Mobil 1. Pennzoil Platinum is quite okay with me. It fact, judging from VOAs and UOAs that people have submitted at this website, PP definitely looks like a better oil than Mobil 1 anyway (and usually cheaper-at least that has been my experience).

I don't care if they are out of Mobil 1 for keeps. I will use Pennzoil Platinum this winter as soon as it does getting seriously cold.

My Walmart is out of all Mobil products..even Mobil Clean 5000?
Did conventional motor oil production take a hit as well?

Ok..but everyone has been saying that it's just the M1 that took a hit because of the PAO production... What about Mobile Clean 5000? None of that on the shelves either.

Doesn't MC5K use simlar additivies/components like M1?
It is possible that the same facilities supply some additives/components to both M1 and 5K.

Just guessing ...

Originally Posted By: scoobie
I have NEVER used Mobil 1, and never will. And ALL of my automobile engines run perfectly. No engine uses oil, and some are up to 290,000 miles, with no engine work. Valvoline synthetic is $19, and my favourite: SuperTech is at 17.50. I have always had excellent results with SuperTech, even though it has a phony sounding name, it works 100% just as good as the vaunted Mobil 1.
I have never had to do an "engine cleaning", never used any snake oil additives, just changed regularly, depending on weather and driving conditions, 3000 to 6000 miles, and filter EVERY OTHER time.
Motorcraft 5w20 is an excellent oil, to mix 50:50 with Supertech, to get a kick @ss 5w25.

Why not just run Supertech alone?

SuperTech thread on first page right now, has fantastic UOA after 10,000 miles ST synthetic. I like the Frankenmix with MC5w20 to push the cold pour point further, reduce the cold viscosity, because of the extremely cold winters here. I have such a stash of oil, that I have to use Frankenmix. However, UOA of DINO vs semi synth vs synth vs Frankenmix consistently shows NO DIFFERENCE, so I mainly buy according to price, and since DINOs sometimes go on very good sale, I always end up with a variety in my stash. I like mixing synth in to depress the pour points.

I checked some of the other local sources for Mobil 1 such as Autozone and O'Rilley. They all seem to have plenty . . . except that they are chargin' 26 bucks for 4 quarts and Walmart charges 26 bucks for 5. It's tough being cheap.

maybe exxonmobil decided not to make the 5 qt jugs anymore... and since walmart wants the 5 qt jugs, maybe they pulled all exxonmobil products? who knows.

strange that other retailers still carry Mobil 1, etc, but not WalMart...

maybe exxomobil was selling to walmart at a loss? not that would hurt them, but still...

my guess and postulation is as good as anyone else's...

it seems that walmart prefers honeywell, since they carry more fram and prestone than anything else. prestone coolant/antifreeze, prestone fuel system additives (FI Cleaner, octane booster), prestone DOT3 and DOT4, and prestone ATF.

they have SOME other brands of ATF, brake fluid, etc, but not as much as PRESTONE....prestone makes great coolant, but i'm not sure about anything else.

I was in Walmart tonight and they had a huge sign on the shelves where the M1 section is (which was almost empty),and was bascally a letter from Exxon Mobil apologizing for the M1 shortage (due to Ike),thanking all it`s customers.

I went in to buy brake clean and check on stuff. Very limited supply. Numbers on MC filters are shrinking ..or so it appears. No FL300. Looks like they're letting the Mopar filter cover that one.

I went hunting for Mobil 1 0w-40. I was travelling for business in Indiana. I checked WalMart in Kokomo, and Monticello and neither had what I was looking for, but they had plenty of other grades of M1. However the Walmart in Michigan City, Indiana was much more picked over...

That's about all there was at my WM (you reminded me) 0w-30 with the green label and 10w-40 with the brown/maroon label (at least I think it was brn/mrn).

My store is wiped-out. Mobil 1 is devastated, most oils are affected. SynPower 10w-30 is good at $19, but no PZYB, MaxLife. Prices are all up. $16-$18 for GTX and Syntec Blend. Ouch. Stocking up when you could pick n choose synth oils for $19 would have worked.

Stopped at the local WalMart at lunch today. Their supply of Mobil 1 was pretty much wiped out in quarts except for 0W-40. They had a couple jugs of 5 quart containers of 10W-30 and 15W-50. I have 3 years worth of oil changes for my '96 Contour and 1 year for my F-150 so I'm not worried, Life's too short, they'll always be another sale.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back