Walmart in my area (central FL) No PU/Nextgen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in my local walmart in Merritt Island/Cocoa FL and there was no PU or Nextgen. I asked the manager and they said it has been discontinued for that particular Walmart and he was not sure if it would be a regional or nationwide cut. I am really bummed. I love PU and no one seems to carry it around here.

I have a really hard time finding PU in 5w30 at my local Walmart in 5qts. I stumbled on a 5qt yesterday and bought it even though I'm 6000 miles away from a change.

So far, I've bought PU near work (45 min away) and I was on a business trip in CT and found myself in Walmart and bought a 5qt there.

I really should have bought the second 5qt jug yesterday.

Its still available here. I asked the managers at 3 different WM's why/how/what they order for oil. They say its all based on sales database. Hit a magic sales volume # and oil gets restocked automagically.

It seems to me that there are enough people wanting PU, myself included. But its always out with a empty slot reserved for it. I'm thinking the slow replenishment of PU and PP by distributors hurts volume, which hurts the restocking, ultimately knocking it off the shelf. When there's no longer a slot/sticker for it, then its done.

there are No Options; NO OPTIONS! ... whaaa WHAAAA!

Man is that a loaded question, never to be asked
smile.gif
Just for BITOG kinda fun, I'd vist PQI America and check the results of their "synthetic" roundup bench tests.

Last edited:
I have a feeling SOPUS is combining their PU and PP line ups. Recent reformulations of PP have shown better base stock properties like NOACK and cold flow. If PU isnt selling then it makes sense for them to combine their two best products into one excellent option. Valvoline just did that with Durablend and Maxlife.

Originally Posted By: chubbs1
I was in my local walmart in Merritt Island/Cocoa FL and there was no PU or Nextgen. I asked the manager and they said it has been discontinued for that particular Walmart and he was not sure if it would be a regional or nationwide cut. I am really bummed. I love PU and no one seems to carry it around here.

They've become quite scarce in Orlando too. Only one WM in the Orlando area(the one on the corner of Sand Lake and John Young Parkway) still lists PU available online, but it's only 10w30. I already have two jugs + another jug of Synpower 10w30. I was just there and was able to score one last jug of PU 5w20 and four jugs of Nexgen Maxlife 5w20.
Interestingly, the jugs of PU were still with all the other oils and wasn't listed as clearance. You really don't know unless you get the jugs scanned or already knew from the website.

+1...Castrol did the same with Syntec and Edge....now we have Edge with SPT.

Pennzoil Platinum and Pennzoil Ultra = Pennzoil Platinum with Ultra technology.

Originally Posted By: bourne
I have a feeling SOPUS is combining their PU and PP line ups. Recent reformulations of PP have shown better base stock properties like NOACK and cold flow. If PU isnt selling then it makes sense for them to combine their two best products into one excellent option. Valvoline just did that with Durablend and Maxlife.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back