Wallyworld Prices 9/27

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stepped foot in Wallyworld yesterday to buy a filter and here are the new prices:

Castrol GTX $16 a jug
Rotella 5-40 synth $22 a jug
Quaker State Dino $12 a jug
Supertech dino $10.50 a jug
Supertech synth $15 a jug
PP still $19 a jug
Maxlife synth blend $14 a jug
PP YB $12 a jug
Valvoline Synpower $20 a jug
Havoline dino $10.88 a jug
Mobil 5000 $9.64 a jug

Noticed the RTS for $22/gal last night, wow...up $6/gal in just a few months, nice!

So that's $5.50/qt, while the M1 5-quart is (rounding up) $4.80/qt at $24/5-qt....maybe RTS is no longer the great deal that it used to be? It's a darn good oil, but now more expensive than M1. Time to see if M1 10w-40 HM is up to par in the Saab sludger :)

My Wal-Mart is crazy. (All prices are 5 qt. jugs.)

Pennzoil YB - $12
Pennzoil PP - $19
Motorcraft - $11.XX
Valvoline Conv. - $11
Castrol GTX - $13
Castrol GTX HM - $12

You can buy GTX HM for less here than regular GTX and for just a few $$$ more you can go from YB to PP and double your OCI. Next time I am there I will write the prices down so people can laugh. None of them make any sense.

SuperTech Synthetic was $17.50 here!
GTX was $16

Nasty!

Maxlife was still $13 here

The Valvoline Synpower and Pennzoil Platinum was still $19 for a 5 quart jug, so I bought one of each. I have enough oil for a minimum of 2 years for my car, and 1 year for my moms car. I've switched her to synthetic, and my car will be going synthetic when I'm done with Auto RX. My dad has such a big stock of Valvoline, Chevron and Trop Artic 10W-30 that we're going to keep his car, pickup and motorcycles all running it.

I didn't bother to check transmission fluid prices, but I'm sure I should buy the 14 quarts that I need to do a flush and change my car sooner than later.

Mobil 5000 is still an excellent deal for under $10

Just be patient and the next oil closeout sale and your local auto part store you gotta visit a few stores and stock up. I got about 140 quarts just from closeout sales.

qs syn is 17.48, gtx 13, M1 23.74...super tech syn is 17.50...that has really increased this year..st reg oil is 10.50 which is is more than mobil clean now at 9.64...this is in NH...mc synblend and mobil clean seem like best deals...along with QS reg oil at 9.27 and qs full syn

You skeerd me so I went down to stalk up on Motercraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20. BIG sign said Price Roll back to $13 so that's OK $2.6

So I grab 3 jugs. At the counter she rings up $11.24/ or $2.25/qt.

Thats the same as I paid last month. Now I have 4 jugs of it sweet. That's good for 50k mils in my Fit Woot!

The 10w-30 PP at mine was still $19 per jug. I'm going to head over to the other store to see if 5w-30 is available, though.

ferb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back