Wal Mart ATF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a gallon jug of Wal Mart ATF left over from filling my hyd. lift in my shop and I am curious about who makes this atf. I also want to change my oil in my SS T56. Is this good enough for the T56 or should I get a name brand. Thanks Jimmy

Jimmy this post sit unanswered for awhile do I thought I would throw my two cents in. I don't know who makes the fluid or the quality of it,I think if it were my transmission I would put something pretty darn good in it because that is a expensive deal to rebuild or replace.

There is some pretty good stuff out there with proven results for those transmissions

Maybe Patman can tell you what some of the guys have been using?

Can't help you with the brand but don't forget if the pan holds 4 qts the tq converter holds. Unless you do a flush you are not getting the full benefits. I opt for draining and running the pan 3 times to get a 90% changeout instead of the flush.

Al is right, your tranny holds way more than 4 quarts. The majority of the fluid is not in the pan. When you totally flush it out most trannys hold between 10-14 quarts of fluid.
shocked.gif

Hi Dragboat, Thanks for the reply. I,m sure you are right and I will probably get something better. Who makes the best non synthetic for this trans. It only holds 4+ qts so cost is not a big problem. Jimmy

Isn't the T-56 a manual? If so, I would use Amsoil 5W-30 diesel engine oil. Supposedly, it is the best substitute for GM Synchromesh fluid.
cheers.gif

Actually the Tremec T56 DOES NOT run with Synchromesh, but with ATF for a fill. Don't put Suynchromesh in a T56 !! I my opinion the best ATF for a manual is the Redline because it is very pressure stable and also got a GL4 rating.
quote:

Originally posted by cousincletus:
Isn't the T-56 a manual? If so, I would use Amsoil 5W-30 diesel engine oil. Supposedly, it is the best substitute for GM Synchromesh fluid.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back