mercedes 7speed fluids?

Hello everyone,

Transmission mileage=150k
I need help on what name brand I can buy a transmission fluid for 2011 e350 (WDdHF5GB0BA368364) VIN was provided for you.

One of the shops I took it to for an estimate told me they use ROWE 9005 from drum. I told them I never heard of them and told me they would not use anything else besides Rowe.

I wanted them to use Amsoil oe fuel efficient ATF.(Told me no). Is there any performance transmission fluid name brand?

Thank you for your advice.​

You need to figure out which MB spec applies. It is probably a 236.14 - then go here:

And pick one.

Any fluid with MB approval will be a “performance” fluid. And anything on that list will be approved - that is, tested by Mercedes. Not simply “recommended for use” by the maker of the fluid, but approved by Mercedes.

Note! You're supposed to replace the guide tube when changing the fluid on that transmission. It's like a $4 OEM part from the dealer.

Attachments

• 236.15 01.jpg
    236.15 01.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 236.15 02.jpg
    236.15 02.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 14
Rowe does make an ATF for this tranny. Unless this shop is focused on MB's only, highly unlikely they would have this in bulk. You can ask:
edit: just re-read OP's note, yes this will work for your car.

Hello everyone,

Transmission mileage=150k
I need help on what name brand I can buy a transmission fluid for 2011 e350 (WDdHF5GB0BA368364) VIN was provided for you.

One of the shops I took it to for an estimate told me they use ROWE 9005 from drum. I told them I never heard of them and told me they would not use anything else besides Rowe.

I wanted them to use Amsoil oe fuel efficient ATF.(Told me no). Is there any performance transmission fluid name brand?

Thank you for your advice.​

It is not uncommon for shops to insist on using their fluids because fluids like parts and labor are a source of profits. ROWE is out of Germany and I place them the same bin as Ravenol and LiquiMoly in terms of size of operation. There's a shop near me which will not use customer acquired parts or fluids. It is what it is.

A Rowe representative (@ROWEMotorOilUSA) will occasionally pop in here and answer questions.

You need to figure out which MB spec applies. It is probably a 236.14 - then go here:

And pick one.

Any fluid with MB approval will be a “performance” fluid. And anything on that list will be approved - that is, tested by Mercedes. Not simply “recommended for use” by the maker of the fluid, but approved by Mercedes.
Shell 134 meets the spec and is not expensive. You may be able to get it from a Shell distributor.

From the VIN you provide, your car has the option code "A89" which indicates that it requires 236.15 ATF (blue fluid).

https://www.lastvin.com/vin/mPD91dj57OmAlrNM3

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/mercedes-benz-722.9-transmission-service-modifications
Agreed. You can look up the required specification on MB's BeVo website here:

Here's the important bit...
1701684326535.jpg

Back