Mercedes Auto trans fluid

Mercedes dealer says I need 000989690511AULW Blue fluid for the transmission. I am not able to get to a dealer to get that specific fluid. Will a more common brand of oil be equivalent to this fluid? I may be able to pick up locally. Thanks!

Mercedes dealer says I need 000989690511AULW Blue fluid for the transmission. I am not able to get to a dealer to get that specific fluid. Will a more common brand of oil be equivalent to this fluid? I may be able to pick up locally. Thanks!
Are you certain that’s what your dealer said? Because that looks like a part number plus a description.

More likely what he said is something along the lines of you need a fluid that meets spec 236.14. Or 236.15/16/18. Whatever is in your owners manual.

Read the manual. Write down the spec. Then go to this website and look up all of the compatible fluids that are in fact approved by Mercedes-Benz.

I googled the part number, and it seems to be 236.15/ATF 134 FE

You can buy it online if you can't find it locally :unsure:

I googled the part number, and it seems to be 236.15/ATF 134 FE

You can buy it online if you can't find it locally :unsure:
If that's the case, you can't go wrong with Pentosin. They have liqui moly as well or Genuine MB. Of course OP could look at other retailers as well. I'm glad you didn't mention Maxlife :).

Back